Author Topic: GT/G40 project (New pics of bling bits)  (Read 3470 times)

Offline Rich_G40

• Members
GT/G40 project (New pics of bling bits)
« on: April 13, 2010, 01:37:14 pm »
Hi,

I got this car last year just before christmas with the idea of using it as a track car(still unsure).
As there was nothing in it just a box of bits and bobs. The charger was in pieces along with a few other things.

Sourced somwe parts from variuos ppl on here i.e seats(g40 originals), a dash as it didnt have 1 and other boost pipes.

Picked up some le castellets and have just refurbed them and got some new rubber.

Just afew things need to be done for an MOT.(ignore the tape over the bonnet vent, stops the rain.lol)

I have made an oil catcher tank as im going to run the boost return mod.

Being as the tank was chaved up i thiought the head would look nice like that too.lol

The car hasnt been taken out for a run yet just a quick drive up and down the street at night to test things when altering bits.

Done a compression test on the cyclinders and they all check out fine, so hoping it should be all well. The car does smoke abit but that might be becuase it hasnt been run for a longer time??

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 07:35:11 am by Rich_G40 »

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
Re: GT/G40 project
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 03:53:17 pm »
Mine turned the snow black when Pete started it for me over Christmas (I was away for 6 weeks), I'm sure it will be ok when you start using it. Good luck with it, you've made a good start anyways by the look of it.

Offline Rich_G40

• Members
Re: GT/G40 project
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 04:38:36 pm »
Engine and inside pics to follow, cheers fella.
Petes already been more than helpful for me with seals ect.

Heres the Pics

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 07:37:21 am by Rich_G40 »

Offline Rich_G40

• Members
Re: GT/G40 project (New pics of bling bits)
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 08:08:54 am »
Just to get a clear mind that the engine is alright and the pistons ect are in good condition I desided to do the head gasket and valave seam seals aswell as others.
Everything has checked out fine. Pistons are in good condition, re lapped the valves in before re-assembling

Gave the engine bay abit of a clean,also my temp bulk head cover (silver gaffa tape)

Now the engines back together I went to see Peteg40 on Tuesday to get some expert advise on the charger  ;) aswell as a new set of seals and scroll bearing fitted after being advised.

Thanks Pete for you time and effort.

Cheers

Offline Rich_G40

• Members
Re: GT/G40 project - Cleaned up and nearly ready to run!!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 07:54:38 am »
Well now the time is getting close for the polo to be up and running I decided to give it abit of a clean.
Also give you guys a sneak peek of the dash fitting I made for the oil pressure gauge :)