Author Topic: altinator for g40  (Read 2662 times)

Offline boyzey

• Members
altinator for g40
« on: April 12, 2010, 06:44:14 pm »
hiya all,
so ye i am in need of a altinator for my g  :(, basicaly its making allot of noise bt still charging fine, so decided to take it off this weekend and get it away for recon on monday, but turns out some tool has had it in bits befor and gone mental on all the bolts that hold it together and cracked all the ali casing, so need anuther unit basicaly just for the casing,
i have spoke to few places now and gsf say they have a unit with the same numbers as mine but with a 70amp insted of my 65amp, they recon if i swap my pulley over it will be fine.

has any body come across this heardle that could offer any help atol please im missing the g alredy  :)  cheers

Offline dannyb.G40

• Members
Re: altinator for g40
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 08:40:07 am »
http://www.alternatormart.co.uk/ try these guys, it was the cheapest place i could find. Next day delivery and you don't have to give yours back, they're very helpful too.

They delivered mine christmas eve :)

Offline boyzey

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 08:09:11 pm »
orite mate thnz for that, but think i might have sorted 1, motorquip have got a unit that all numbers match up to and same with amp num, but have had to swap pulleys over as it was a single v belt on the new unit, did you have this trouble or did yours come with correct pulley,

has any 1 els done this befor does it work any info cheers

Offline dannyb.G40

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 10:53:53 pm »
No mine came with the single v belt pulley as well, it was an absolute bugger to get off, i honestly don't know how they got it on that tight. I had it in a vice, the bolt heated with a blowtorch and a massive pair of stilsons on it, it came off eventually! I'm sure it would be much easier with an airgun.

Other than that its a straight off straight on job. The terminal locations were different on mine but that wasn't a big deal really.

Danny

Offline boyzey

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 06:00:55 pm »
orite that makes me feel beta mate haha thats wat i have had to do but yes i used a air gun haha straight on and off  :). was just a few washers and shims to swap over on mine and the fan and didnt hav the little suppressor thing on the back so swaped that, mine was a recon unit aswell so everything wasent seized on haha,

thanx for that am going to get mine back on this weekend fingers crossed