Author Topic: a lot happens in a year....  (Read 3907 times)

Offline ModeC

• Members
a lot happens in a year....
« on: July 29, 2008, 10:33:43 pm »
Well i have just stumbled on to this forum, glad to see that there is a new forum for the G40. I used to be on Pitstop's forum untill all those spybots killed it off.

Used to be AllG'edup but due to me screwing up the application process i have now had to go with ModeC (dont ask). I see a few names that i recognise on here.

Well its been a year since i layed up my car i am desperate to get it out again but no money, starting a new job next week so hope i can get it out for the end of the year. Missing it sooo much i am suffering along with my old pug 106 diesel, good handling and brakes just cant pull the skin off a rice pudding.

I have just learnt that pitstop have closed their doors! Have i got this right?! how sad never got the oppotunity to go down to have a look about. So who do I take my G40 to now as next thing on the list was a charger rebuild? I know jabba can rebuild is there anybody else out there that is recommended?

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: a lot happens in a year....
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 10:43:49 pm »
Owdo!  I remember the username from the PSD forum.

Yes you are right, PSD have closed up now, happened a couple of months ago.  Steve (aka Beavis) is still about, he comes on here every now and then.  

G-Werks should be able to do anything that PSD used to do, they were next door to PSD.  They can certainly do rebuilds and stuff.

My G40 was off the road for about two years when I was track preparing it, just couldn't afford to do it much quicker than that.  Drove me mad but was worth it in the end.  Been back on the road for a year now, going in for it's 2nd MOT since the rebuild on saturday.  

Do you want me to change your username?

Offline ModeC

• Members
Re: Re: a lot happens in a year....
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 10:47:36 pm »
[quote pid=2786 author=hayesey date=1217367829]Owdo!  I remember the username from the PSD forum.

Yes you are right, PSD have closed up now, happened a couple of months ago.  Steve (aka Beavis) is still about, he comes on here every now and then.  

G-Werks should be able to do anything that PSD used to do, they were next door to PSD.  They can certainly do rebuilds and stuff.

My G40 was off the road for about two years when I was track preparing it, just couldn't afford to do it much quicker than that.  Drove me mad but was worth it in the end.  Been back on the road for a year now, going in for it's 2nd MOT since the rebuild on saturday.  

Do you want me to change your username?[/quote]

Yes please! I am so certain that i typed in AllG'edUp but must have screwed up and it became AllG'hi6jgup or summut similar. How will i know that it has been changed? also will the password be affected?

2 years! well i suspect it will be a few months yet before i sort mine out. I want to get the charger rebuilt before i do get it back on the road, its on about 115,000 at the moment so wants doing really. Nothing wrong with it but just want it done for peace of mind.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Re: Re: a lot happens in a year....
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 10:23:19 am »
it probably buggered up because of the apostrophe in the name!