Author Topic: Preview Techno Classica 2010 Oldtimer Exhibition in Essen, Germany  (Read 4307 times)

Offline Mail Man G40

• Members
    • www.g-lader.info
We would like to give you a preview of our cars we'll exhibit at the Techno Classica Oldtimer Fair from  April, 7th to April, 11th 2010. The place is Gruga Fair in Essen, Germany, see also www.siha.de. This year we started with original Mk2 Polo G40, now we show two highlights of the same range.

The cars we'll show:

The original VW Polo Cup G40 of Sebastian S., actually the car in best known condition. Between 40 and 50 were built. The car will get the original WINTERSHALL decals again, like on its presentation in 1986.

The Oeko-Polo (D.i.-G40, 2-cyl. with G40-charger) of Sebastian W. (me), one of 52 cars with lots of special technical solutions.

The 1977 Mk.1 Polo L  of Michael D. in very good original condition.

Please visit us in hall 8.1, where lots of classic Volkwagen are presented by private Volkswagen Clubs. More infos on www.audi-50.de. Volkswagen's AutoStadt and Museum are there with own cars and lots of other brands, clubs and dealers.

Offline manitas

• Members
Re: Preview Techno Classica 2010 Oldtimer Exhibition in Essen, Germany
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 06:43:52 pm »
you here!!! it's a big wolrd the world of G...

I have the same loggin in poloG40 french forum.

I won't post the same question about the oko. I'm really intereste about this car. I we can met, I want to see this car.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 08:39:04 pm »
a great selection of G40s there.  Any more info on the mk2 Cup car?

Offline Mail Man G40

• Members
    • www.g-lader.info
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 09:19:47 pm »
@manitas: Here is the answer, I have problems to write in the other forum: the Öko-Polo hast 27 HP (without charger) and 40 HP (with activated charger)

more info here: http://www.g-lader.info/fahrzeuge_studien_oekopolo.htm

@hayesey: here are more information about the Mk2 Cup G40cars: http://www.g-lader.info/fahrzeuge_sondermodelle_polog40cup.htm

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 02:23:19 pm »
Interesting read about the Polo 2 G40 Cup Cars. :)

Translated
Suspension
A particularly interesting part of the suspension of the concept is developed specifically for the Volkswagen Polo G40 Cup Bezels dar. The front frame was bolted to the standard wishbone stabilizer and center tunnel strut mounts, and so supports the entire front section of the vehicle. From new stabilizer was also a track record extending to approx. 3 cm reached, which in turn was the driving physics to good. This framework has been installed only in the Polo G40 Cup and was not even available in the normal racing accessories from VW motorsport. About specific spring struts and eccentric Domlager a negative fall is reached by 3 ° on the front axle, landing gear shock absorbers rounded program of Fichtel & Sachs and a rubber suspension kit from VW motorsport (85 Shore) from.

Whats 85 Shore?  Hardness? - I assume this is the Nylon bushes, in the rear axle and fronts.

I wonder why the Polo 2F G40 Cup cars didn't have the triangulation brace from the inner wishbone pick up point and the exhaust tunnel brace and the Polo 2 Cups did?

Both versions have the ARB lowering blocks it seems and also eccentric camber adjustable mounts it seems, albeit the UK cup 2F versions were made by TAS.  Both have Sachs suspension.

I assume the 3cm increase in 'track record' is on about the ARB drop or is it actually a 3cm track width increase on the front?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 02:25:44 pm by hardchargin40 »

Offline NeilG40

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2009, 06:18:55 pm »
Yes shore is a measure of hardness, I know it from rc racing where you get different shore rated foam tyres.

Offline Mail Man G40

• Members
    • www.g-lader.info
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 07:28:19 am »
The Cup car is ready for the exhibition:

Only one week left ;D