Technical > Engine and Transmission

poor idle

(1/3) > >>

dannyb.G40:
i know theres plenty about this on previous threads but not much about actual effects.

my batteries only kicking out about 11.5V with all the ancilliaries on at idle, and then only about 12.1V at idle with nothing on. Apparently its sposed to be churnin out around 13.0?

incidently at idle my car barely reaches 900rpm as if it keeps wanting to stall it the revs keep dropping. Will this be a result of the low voltage or something else (the lambda has just been replaced). will the alternator actually need replacing or refurbishing (my mate had his g60 refurbed and seems to be fine) or will it be fine.

(oh yeh the car is also slow to turn over is this also a result of poor voltage)

Any help much appreciated

Danny

PeteG40:
sounds like a poor battery - or most probably a poor alternator... New or refurbed is best bet

supercharged spaniel:
i think you have answered your own question really.  new alternator seems to be the next move i'd say and go from there. either way it needs sorting wether you like it or not by the sounds of it!  :D

DKnight:
i know of a good alternator for sale, your lucky as they are a shit to find at times!

dannyb.G40:
lol i thought as much, just wanted a bit of info from pro's i shall try and get it done later this week

cheers guys

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version