Author Topic: Aquamist  (Read 3046 times)

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Re: Aquamist
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 09:45:01 am »
Condense in the intercooler? I thought when you install aqaumist's you tap it into the back of the throttle body?

Unless there is another way of doing it?

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 09:56:21 am »
there's lots of theories about where to inject it.  I inject it just after the intercooler, injecting before will decrease the efficiency of the intercooler due to  their being less difference in the charge air to the ambient air flowing over the cooler.  So I inject it just after the ic so there is enough distance for the atomised water/methanol particles to mix with the charge air.  I think you are thinking more of nitrous oxide which s a totally different kettle of fish and does a very different job, but you generally squirt that right into the throttle. 

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 10:03:42 am »
That makes sense tapping it in after ic for it to atomise properly. I was told by a few people that you usually tap it in to the tb but doing it that way wouldnt give it as much time to atomise. What pressure does your aqaumist come on at?

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 10:55:27 am »
Liam installed mine into both, IC and TB, worked well once he'd rewired the boost controller thingy.  He had it kicking in off boost then once past 0.6bar it'd switch off, lol.  Raced a cossie on the way to bovington airfield track day and was pinking like crazy (ignition and cam timing properly advanced like), luckily we fixed it before i went out on track, lol.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 12:08:00 pm »
yeah its quite common to spray it simultaneously down the inlet runners from the back of the inlet manifold too but as well as earlier on in the inlet tract.