Author Topic: Driving Tunage  (Read 6473 times)

Offline MartinB

• Members
Re: Driving Tunage
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 10:34:46 pm »
Can't beat some decent musical DnB, ltj bukem, PFM, big bud etc.

Also, 808 state, orbital, guy called gerald.

Radio Bristol in the morning for traffic updates, And yes, Radio1 in the daytime is wank, can't agree more!

Offline Tommo

• Members
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 11:07:48 pm »

saw maccabees just after colour it in came out... hampered with a broken leg.  Needless to say i didn't go in the pit

Yeah I saw them at a SU bar in manchester, they were good.

And as for driving tracks....

http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=2nrqFlGdk3Q&v=JeRa3RtBiIU

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 09:06:22 am »
Ive never really been into driving to white noise (aka clubby stuff  - you can tell im an old git now ;D)

When the Ipod gets plugged in, generally its stuff like Feeder, Black Eyed Peas, Jimmy Eat World, Radioheads Creep, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Cranberries and Foo Fighters, etc.

TBH, I drive the best and fastest without music (when im driving say a mates fast car, say a scooby).  Enables me to drive to the noise of the engine, and im more aware, really weird but I tend to make better progress because im not hurried into a heel and toe downshift and left foot trail braking, you kind of see the world slowed down if that makes sense.  Also you tend to slow yourself top speed wise down, i.e. dont just have it full throttle maxing the speed from one bend to another.

Offline Tommo

• Members
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 10:55:31 am »
I wouldnt dream of caning a car with the radio on, not unless its on the motorway or summot. Concentration is key.

I know if im going on a long journey I get a CD together with certain tracks on, a lot of massive attack and portishead, coldplay etc, quite mellow stuff.

This is like a night time driving orgasm....

http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=lURS83k6Ek0&v=FNW_Fuj2yUg

Offline LeonL

• Members

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 02:31:44 pm »
I have been listening to a lot in my g40 the Rattles and bangs and scraps. ;D

Offline djtez

• Members
  • aaAAHH CHOOO!
    • its ma bebo site
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 04:25:23 pm »

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010, 07:47:35 pm »
I have been listening to a lot in my g40 the Rattles and bangs and scraps. ;D

Lol, my track car had no radio, nowt in fact not even a heater.   :D  Used to love its awesome soundtrack, gutted I dont have any of it few vids anymore  :(

Motorway driving down to say PSD or RPM was borrrinngggg ::)  Any chance to take the back roads was always a delight. ;D  Luckily the drive home every weekend from Marham was A roads. 8)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 08:21:53 pm »
even when i used to use my g40 daily years ago and it actually had a radio in it i never used it.  hasn't had a radio in it for ages, its entertaining enough without one.  would go mental without one in my passat though.

Offline djtez

• Members
  • aaAAHH CHOOO!
    • its ma bebo site
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2010, 12:53:15 pm »
I cant drive adventurously with the Stereo on, also find it hard to concentrate when its up loud.

Even tho i packed it up with 2 x 10" Vibe's.

But it pays off when you get a Sunny summers afternoon down a back road and you've got some good music on..