Author Topic: Offset Exhaust Manifold  (Read 3298 times)

Offline Oily Fingers

• Members
Offset Exhaust Manifold
« on: January 31, 2010, 07:37:58 pm »
Sorry another question.

Gott my eye on a turbo manifold on ebay but i have just noticed that were the turbo bolts to it, it is offset to the left, where as most i have seen are central.  Does this make any difference to how the downpipe is angled as it passes underneath the engine or are all downpipes the same???

cheers joel

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Offset Exhaust Manifold
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 01:32:43 am »
where as most i have seen are central.

which ones exactly? the rothe one one which is by far the most common is off set to the left so that te downpipe ends up fairly central without havng to be a complicated shape

Offline Oily Fingers

• Members
Re: Offset Exhaust Manifold
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 06:51:51 pm »
where as most i have seen are central.

which ones exactly? the rothe one one which is by far the most common is off set to the left so that te downpipe ends up fairly central without havng to be a complicated shape

sory i ment NOT central, as the common one,  i was mega tired form the weekend, wasnt really thinking proper.

Theres one philj is selling and thats central mounted with a the downpipe to go with it, and one on ebay which i missed :( which was to the left.

will it make much difference to space in the engine bay to wheather its a lefty on central?? or is it just the angle of the pipe as it travels under the engine???