Author Topic: ptfe spray. stop gap solution?  (Read 2452 times)

Offline spookey

• Members
ptfe spray. stop gap solution?
« on: January 27, 2010, 07:59:14 pm »
Sorry guys u probably get asked this question all the time. But ive just collected my g40 a week or so ago. Now the car has the brm so the charger needs this ptfe spray the previous owner says it hasnt been done in a while a needs to be done soon. The problem i am facing is i need to drive the g40 home on friday, its a 170 mile trip and i dont have any of this special spray to lube the charger with. Will normal ptfe spray rot the seals on the to charger quickly? is there a spray or somthing i could use for a stop gap solution just to get me home?
Many thanks Luke   

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: ptfe spray. stop gap solution?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 09:53:11 pm »
prob better to spray a bit of thin engine oil in there than some random ptfe grease.

Offline djtez

• Members
  • aaAAHH CHOOO!
    • its ma bebo site
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 03:41:55 am »
Gt85 is a ptfe ... but i think you'd need approval on here before going buying it ... its easy to get hold of just the same as WD40.

Its Wurth PTFE lube that Clubg40 sends out so have a wee look on tinternet see if you can find a local garage or similar that could sell you it

Offline spookey

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 10:02:43 pm »
cool thanks for the replys guys. what viscosity do u think should be okay? i think i have some 10w40 to thick? If i only put a dribble into it do u think that should be okay? It shouldn't blow the seals or anything? cheers Luke

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 10:20:33 pm »
At the end of the day, if you run your car on 10w40 then that will be fine as with the boost pipe mod not done the breather pipe will kick up oil from the engine and go into the charger, just do what the lads say and dont put loads in there. I would get about 10ml, run the engine and just pour it in a little at a time making sure you do it on both inlets to the charger.