Author Topic: Why's it take so long? vw?  (Read 3732 times)

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
Re: Why's it take so long? vw?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2009, 12:09:48 pm »
With G40s you'll now find due to their age (youngest ones are 15years old) that the dealers no longer hold as much (if any) stock- I think they only have to hold spares for car younger than 15 years legally.

However if anyone needs G40 manifold gaskets, Crewe VW ordered 30 odd instead of 3 :D

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2009, 03:01:21 pm »
Did you watch that thing on the old BMW they made entirely of parts through BMW parts department yoof? I knew about that parts service through wolfsberg classic parts department. I've enquired at my dealers about it. 

Offline randombadger69

• Members
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2009, 05:34:59 pm »
I am suprised by how long it'll take to get you those parts! I ordered valves the other tuesday afternoon, they had to come from germany and were "in stock" at my local dealers by the friday. I guess it depends on stock/availability in Germany.

That bmw 2002 project makes me angry at vw, as if you can buy even the interior new from bmw now, makes me want one even more! What did they reckon it would cost to build it from entirely new parts? Getting on for six figures wasn't it?!!

Why can't they do this for the mk1 and 2 polo's! Or even mk1 Golfs, imagine how many people would visit VW more often!

Offline Robin

• Members
  • 194bhp - 1341 Turbo
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2009, 08:11:01 pm »
Bentley can get any part for any car of any age, we have a seperate department who operates a parts and accessories system where any part can be supplied, lots of items do run out so when this happens they will remanufacturer the item and the leadtime depends on the demand for the item.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2009, 09:46:33 pm »
That bmw 2002 project makes me angry at vw, as if you can buy even the interior new from bmw now

yeah but for how much?  I'm sure if you went into VW and handed them a breifcase full of notes they'd soon be able to find any part you wanted, haha

Offline randombadger69

• Members
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 11:49:02 pm »
That bmw 2002 project makes me angry at vw, as if you can buy even the interior new from bmw now

yeah but for how much?  I'm sure if you went into VW and handed them a breifcase full of notes they'd soon be able to find any part you wanted, haha

Haha, true! I almost asked, just for a giggle (and also to find out how much my NOS 40 lader was worth :-\) How much for a new blower?!! I might just ask nest time i visit :)

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 05:08:35 pm »
Did you watch that thing on the old BMW they made entirely of parts through BMW parts department yoof? I knew about that parts service through wolfsberg classic parts department. I've enquired at my dealers about it. 

I didn't mate, although I'd dread ordering that quantity of parts from Crew VW, they seem to cock up the smallest of things...

Robin- how about a current level development CDA loom, you seem to be struggling for them  :P