Author Topic: G40 running problems  (Read 11273 times)

Offline FD3S

• Members
  • Numbers aren't everything
Mine's been doing stuff like this for ages and is having a new alternator fitted also.

Offline pinky

• Members
[quote pid=948 author=Jeefer date=1208505253]Mine's been doing stuff like this for ages and is having a new alternator fitted also.[/quote]

Do you what voltage yours is with everything on out of interest?

Offline bushyg40

• Members
is the lambda probe genuine cus sometimes they dont match the car disconect it then take it for a drive see what happens if all that stop u no wat wrong

Offline lance

• Members
mine does this now i have a brand new battery and alternator on lol oh the joys of owning a G40
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 03:03:10 pm by lance »

Offline pinky

• Members
[quote pid=1041 author=lance date=1208959366]mine does this now i have a brand new battery and alternator on lol oh the joys of owning a G40[/quote]

What was your voltage before and after?

Offline Robga

• Members
Have you cleaned the idle valve? Remove it and soak it in carb cleaner for a while. Sorted mine out when it was stalling all the time coming to a stop at traffic lights.

Offline timboukvw

• Members
Just like to jump on this one too. Right mine is doing a similar thing but not stalling. When started from cold or semi cold runs sweet as then when hot and traveling low revs it jumps about. As if its missing. Gun it and its fine or sit at high ish revs and runs nice. when i slow down in traffic it runs still but sometimes hunts (I'd say dirty idle valve) but this can't be the problem when moving. As it seems to get worse after a high speed drive in other words engine is hotter i thought poss plugs or leads breaking down with the heat. Changed these today as well as rotor arm and dizzy cap. Guess what yep still doing it.
I'm now becoming puzzled by it. I wouldn't have thought it was a dodgy alternator. If that was the case surely it would be worse when cold started, Engine not charged all night, Low speed driving not charging much, but give the car a run and alternator would have charged the battery somewhat. therefore surely when returning to slower speeds the battery would have aditional charge and run better. Just my logical thinking.
Someone must have sorted this problem before as it does sound quite common.

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
[quote pid=945 author=pinky date=1208471843]Its a royal pain in the a$$ but I should have a alternator arriving tomorrow and will hopefully be fitting it Saturday

Have you checked yours with a multimeter jon?[/quote]

I brought a new battery and brought another alternator from a cp member and fitted that. Still doing it!