Author Topic: TA manifold nightmare!  (Read 2341 times)

Offline markh450

• Members
TA manifold nightmare!
« on: August 10, 2009, 09:21:07 pm »
I am having a complete and utter nightmare fitting a TA tecnix manifold, if it has chance not to fit somewhere it hasn't, I've had to modify the charger mount and the stud holes weren't quite right either and it fouls the charger itself. anyway after thinking I had it sorted I have gone to refit the antiroll bar with my nice new bushes and found the manifold sits to far forward to clear the bloody arb!!

I need the arb to move about 10mm - 15mm either down or forward. 3 options are open to my mind:

1.)  I have noticed people on here talking about the G Ladersite arb blocks, will these lower my arb enough the clear the manifold??

2.) I am thinking of having some solid allow blocks made up to lower the arb but allow the use of the standard arb bushes etc, will this cock the handling up??

3.) get the hammer out and "modify" the down pipe on the bleeding thing to give me room.

any suggestions??

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: TA manifold nightmare!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 09:28:28 pm »
have you made any alterations to the manifold?  If not then I'd send it back for a refund rather than trying to modify the rest of your car around it.  I believe lots of people have struggled to get these to fit and I think they are designed for a GT rather than a G40, hence the fouling on the charger.  Proper g40 manifolds have a different shaped header on cylinder 1.

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 08:04:52 pm »
Raceland and TA Tech manifolds are complete crap. Send it back and spend a bit more on the real thing!

Offline Jimsiss

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 04:42:48 pm »
I had the same problem with ARB clearance on my GT with the TA 4 branch, it did fit but was sat butt up against the ARB, I fitted the Gladerseite ARB blocks and it pulled it forward enough to clear it, only problem I have now is that one of the secondaries hits speedbumps, not the best 4 branch ever but it does the job.