Author Topic: pros and cons of turbo ??  (Read 3807 times)

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
pros and cons of turbo ??
« on: October 20, 2009, 03:22:41 pm »
As the title says whats the pros and cons of going turbo ? ,
   i have taken my g of the road for a while and was gonna sort the chassis with a sub frame some new 256mm brakes and genrall renewing of bit n peices, i was then going to drive it in the summer then go for an engine overhaul n go turbo in the winter of the following year but ive picked up a reasonably priced turbo kit with almost every thing i need to go turbo so i may have to swap the order in wich i do thigs around slightly but i have a few turbo questions

Firstly what are the pros and cons of going turbo, will it be ok to turbo my current 115k g40 engine without having a rebuild first? should i be looking at boring it and using foged pistons?

Whats the power delivery like in a turbo , i was looking for a nice drivable power that i can drive daily good mid range grunt as well as top end power.

Would my g need any other mods to handle any extra power the turbo could provide like a lsd , or would i be better of doing my chassis mods first to help handle the power then doing my engine i just got this turbo kit as it was a bit of a steal really, or should i be waiting any advise from anyone who has been alone this route with there g would be much appreciated thanks guys

Offline Tommo

• Members
Re: pros and cons of turbo ??
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 10:54:41 pm »
Pro's...

good reliability, excellent tunability, awesome efficiency, no more engine parasite  ;D, free power.

Cons...

erm, if you like servicing stuff you will have to take up another hobby.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
Re: pros and cons of turbo ??
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 08:28:32 am »
A G40 with a turbo and 130-150bhp would be really reliable and a nice daily driver...

Only con for me is, it's not original- but my car is a GT anyway, and I'm not too arsed about being OEM.