Author Topic: hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow much?  (Read 6339 times)

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow much?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 12:37:46 pm »
disagree to a certain extent.

The cars i've ever sold I have priced reasonably and sold to the first person for the asking price or near enough (£50 off etc)

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 12:45:21 pm »
Everyone is different Pete, I prefer to put it a little higher than i actually want just to play the game a little, however sometimes i just go for a "ovno" which in my mind is to the nearest £50-100 of what i put the car up for.

i think the hard thing is is what to actually put your G40 up for??? Some people want a standard one and will pay more for it, most pay more for low miles. Some people will pay higher for more BHP and mods. Do you value it purely on how aesthetically pleasing it is? so many factors to consider here!

I guess the question here in repsonse to your last thread Pete, what do you consider resonable for a G40, infact not just yourself but as a G40 club what do we think is resonable??
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 12:52:01 pm by wozzaG40 »

Offline Robin

• Members
  • 194bhp - 1341 Turbo
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 03:39:36 pm »
does it really matter what people sell their cars for? i can't see why people are moaning about the price someone wants for their car especially if you are not wanting to buy it, if someone wants to put a high price on their car then its their choice.

if i were to sell my car the price i put on it is up to me and if anyone moaned about it then i would tell them to shove it.

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2009, 06:04:03 pm »
Interesting read this. I am on both sides of the fence on this one actually.

The way i see it, the fact that G40's have always been rare and becoming rarer still should surely be valued to those who own them, know about them and those who want to buy one!

I can agree on the fact that for £3k you can get more car for your money these days but then again its a buyers market in the car trade!

The way i see it, the prices of G40's are basically bottoming out. The tatty examples are getting thrown from pillar to post (for pence) till they are finally scapped etc, however the better kept examples that are treated well and are going to last for years and years to come are going to start to go up in value!!

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 08:48:03 pm »
dont get me wrong i was not complaining, more just seeing how people think up a price for their cars!

Offline diggersg40

• Members
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 08:54:27 pm »
i would never get back the money ive put into mine :o :o ;D

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 09:07:06 pm »
and another lol

http://www.polog40.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,3089.0.html

i will be interested to see how they do, i hope they can fetch that!

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 09:23:12 pm »
i sold that for £2500 and its had paint and wheels refurbed since then as well as mucho cleaning and polishing so worth it in my opinion

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2009, 01:32:24 pm »
that's one of the cleanest g40s you'll see so I dont see why it's not worth £3k of anyones money!

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2009, 07:44:48 pm »
When Dan put this thread up I thought it might have created a deluge of replies. In fact it's only had about a dozen interested parties, which makes me think that a lot of G owners don't give a shit. Maybe that says it all about what your G's worth. For a few the G's struck a chord and that puts it up in value for us, but for most it's a cheap way to a quick car, nowt else.

Offline ben_91

• Members
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2009, 09:43:12 am »
I paid £2400 for mine 3 months ago.
I've seen one on pistonheads for £6000 -now that is just mad!
however, I think you'd be lucky to find a decent one for under £2000.

The value of G40s have risen massively recently! Last year when buying a 6n 16v I could of picked up a G40 for a similar price (£1300).
When buying my G40 I was struggling to find one anywhere near that price (in all fairness I didn't look for long) but even now I haven't seen any close to that.