Author Topic: Bias Pedal Box  (Read 6723 times)

Offline Puncharado

• Members
  • Back on the road in 2010! No, 2011! Maybe.
Re: Bias Pedal Box
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 02:58:04 pm »
I know this doesn't help you Mathew, but for information a bias brake set up which allows you to keep the standard pedal and servo is available from Demon Tweeks, but it ain't cheap at £346 +VAT and then you still need master cylinders at about £70+. 

Do you really need to change all the pedals anyway for a full pedal box, wouldn't it be possible to modify the existing brake pedal arrangement to actuate the balance bar? (Just to be clear though, I've never taken the pedal or servo etc off my mk3 or any Polo, and I've not even seen a mk1 up close).

And to top off any balance bar arrangement you really need the remote dash mounted adjustment knob and cable. These are also expensive, at about £70 quid up, and for my kit car I had to spend nearly £90 on a little right angle adapter so the cable is clear of the other pedals. What's the point having adjustable braking if you can't change it whilst on the move?  ;D

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 04:45:19 pm »
Wat are the Main advantages of an uprated pedal box??

Along with the adjustment of the brake pressures front to rear,

• the pedal positions are often adjustable to suit the driver
    the brake and accelerator pedal are close and level (ish) to promote easy "heel-toe" braking for 'proper' driving style..
    they look good
    they cost lots  :D

Offline matthew85

• Members
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 05:07:34 pm »
the  mk1 polo doesnt have a lot of space past the bulk head, nor space for a servo thus finding a suitable uprated MC is hard.

The problem i have is that theres no room at all for a balance bar and mcs so i reckon floor mounted is the way forward in my case...

Offline djtez

• Members
  • aaAAHH CHOOO!
    • its ma bebo site
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 05:40:10 pm »
How would you properly set up the brack bias?
just street test it ?

You see i am asking before My 40 is stripped out and the rear load sensor is been adjusted to give least effort to the back brakes. (as mine seams to lock up on the rear quite easily)

Offline Puncharado

• Members
  • Back on the road in 2010! No, 2011! Maybe.
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 07:54:45 pm »
Tez, if you've lowered the car then the load sensing valve will behave as if the rear of the car is heavily loaded, hence the increased rear brake force and necessary adjustment. Should really be done at a garage using rollers, but on the road testing and adjusting may get you close.

Even with a balance bar set up there may still be the need to have a restrictor in the rear line, so you can't get full rear braking and no front at all! Master cylinder sizes also play a part in this.

Offline matthew85

• Members
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 08:54:33 pm »
obviously, when buying the components ill ask for their advice

I will also be running a hydraulic handbrake

Offline djtez

• Members
  • aaAAHH CHOOO!
    • its ma bebo site
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 11:07:28 am »
if or when i got my car on the rollers?

how would you know wat figures to go by?

am i working on a percentage? e.g 70% at front 30% at back?