• Members
dash
« on: June 08, 2008, 04:31:35 pm »
how or can you remove dash speedo fuel ect needles thanks

Offline Max

• Members
Re: dash
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 05:32:16 pm »
Would also be interested to know, Ive got a G40 speedo to fit to my GT dash clocks (if its even possible?)

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
Re: Re: dash
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 07:04:10 pm »
Max- GT and G40 clocks are interchangeable, so you should be fine.

The clocks are easy to remove, but you'll need a U shaped stereo removal tool. Tip them forward and you'll be able to unplug the loom from the back, and get them out of the dash. I managed to get mine out without taking the wheel off.

Once the cluster is out, it's fairly easy to separate the rev counter, speedo and petrol/temp gauges separate, just unscrew as necessary. It's pretty obvious, but be careful not to touch the faces of the instruments, as you'll leave fingerprints behind.

Needles can all be pulled off carefully, and push back on. Again, hard bit is getting them to be accurate afterwards. If memory serves I worked out how far the needle springs back to rest, pushed it down halfway and lifted the end over the stopper pin, then pushed it the rest of the way down.

The hardest bit, I found, is getting the cluster back into the clips straight. Mine are a bit wonky, it's an easy fix but I've never got around to it.

Offline bushyg40

• Members
Re: Re: Re: dash
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 07:24:34 pm »
right got my needles off but snapped the speedo 1 any 1 got 1 lying around

Offline Max

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: dash
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 11:34:02 pm »
Cool, I will give that a go tomorrow then, dont have any stereo removal tools but I normally use kebab scewers LOL.
Bushy, If I dont break mine, you can have the speedo needle off my old clocks.

Offline bushyg40

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: dash
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 11:39:53 pm »
cheers your a life saver :P