Author Topic: F ARB bush recommendations  (Read 5271 times)

Offline ereeiz

• Members
F ARB bush recommendations
« on: June 03, 2008, 02:49:42 pm »
Right, my MOT on my GT is in 2 weeks. I have new topmounts (had some for a couple of years sitting about- just std replacement ones) but I want new ARB bushes too, inner and outer TCA and ARB-Chassis as mine are all split and mangered.

What are peoples recomendations, I've found the Superflex set for £59.74 inc VAT + postage off their website
and the powerflex set for £72 delivered from larkspeed.
Then I remembered about gladersite, looking about on here for a few mins showed that a few of you have them, are they any better than poly ones? They're just solid plastic blocks from what I understand, does this not make the front end skittish and cause more understeer? My car is std and will at most be lowered 40mm as it ruins the handling any lower than that (my last GT was so low it used to get grounded on certain roads, lol). I don't want to have to keep re-setting up the suspension geometry too (I noticed someone was having trouble with a wheel sitting back in one arch more than the other- although I've had that on my first g40 when it was std).

My budget is low as I also have to MOT and tax it this month and I've spent a few hundred quid rebuilding it after the cambelt snapped.

Offline Tav

• Members
Re: F ARB bush recommendations
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 11:26:05 pm »
[quote pid=1620 author=ereeiz date=1212500982]Right, my MOT on my GT is in 2 weeks. I have new topmounts (had some for a couple of years sitting about- just std replacement ones) but I want new ARB bushes too, inner and outer TCA and ARB-Chassis as mine are all split and mangered.

What are peoples recomendations, I've found the Superflex set for £59.74 inc VAT + postage off their website
and the powerflex set for £72 delivered from larkspeed.
Then I remembered about gladersite, looking about on here for a few mins showed that a few of you have them, are they any better than poly ones? They're just solid plastic blocks from what I understand, does this not make the front end skittish and cause more understeer? My car is std and will at most be lowered 40mm as it ruins the handling any lower than that (my last GT was so low it used to get grounded on certain roads, lol). I don't want to have to keep re-setting up the suspension geometry too (I noticed someone was having trouble with a wheel sitting back in one arch more than the other- although I've had that on my first g40 when it was std).

My budget is low as I also have to MOT and tax it this month and I've spent a few hundred quid rebuilding it after the cambelt snapped.[/quote]

G-Ladersite blocks are suppose to locate the ARB more securely and pull the castor forward a bit too, which can have some advantages?  I'm not sure there would be any real disadvantages running them?  Never tried myself but heard plenty of people sing their praises.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 11:31:39 pm by Tav »

Offline G-spot

• Members
Re: Re: F ARB bush recommendations
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 01:19:35 pm »
I personally preffer the std G40 TCA's with the rose jointed inner bush, as apossed to the polybushed type. as for the ARB mount, the G-ladersiete ones are very good in maintaining better control of the ARB which also acts as a tie bar.  It does increase the camber slightly which has the advantage at reducing understeer in faster cornering, but it does give heavier steering, which is why my wife don't drive my car ;)

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
Re: Re: Re: F ARB bush recommendations
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 02:23:33 pm »
"but it does give heavier steering, which is why my wife don't drive my car "

surely thats a good thing?!?!?!!? :D

Offline G-spot

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: F ARB bush recommendations
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 07:47:02 pm »
[quote pid=2040 author=DKnight date=1214745813]"but it does give heavier steering, which is why my wife don't drive my car "

surely thats a good thing?!?!?!!? :D[/quote]

yup, if I remember I had particularly soft tires that day too ;)