Author Topic: Club G40 Shop  (Read 8149 times)

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Club G40 Shop
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 04:25:33 pm »
disc screws?  as in the little screw that aligns the disc to the hub?  im sure mine were missing last time i put discs on lol.  not entirely essential i've not used any on mine as they were missing and getting them as you say was a waste at the time and i've since forgot till i saw it here.  obviously better on than not at all though.  i'd have two of them then.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 04:29:11 pm by supercharged spaniel »

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
they always bloody sheer, and dont disks come with them anyway? i got shit loads, the stock is already here lol

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
discs dont come with them and i never had one shear!!!!

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
no I've never known them to come with discs.  The heads tend to round off rather than shearing, for me anyway.  My g40 currently doesn't have any on it.

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
Strange, I've had EBC and two sets of Brembo discs on mine, all came with screws.

The Zimmermann ones I've got at the moment didn't, I just assumed they'd fallen out of the box.

Never had any shear on me either, but they all seem to seize in the hole.

Offline ade

• Members
ive thrown hundreds of new disc screws in the bin at work, maybe i shouldve saved em up  lol

on the charger belts im waiting to speak to someone at Gates to see how much it would cost to make a high strength londer lasting belt. the 'strongbelt' ones PSD supplied always seemed a bit long and caused me problems with the hose between charger and IC
at the moment im using a normal Gates cambelt, its been on there 700 miles and so far so good, its tensioned as tight as i can get it so i can see how long they last with abuse.
if they cant do a specific one i'll see how much i can get the normal ones for, possibly only 6 or 7 quid + vat

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
sounds good - spoke to steve - ex psd - he says he can get gates ones and will pass them on to me at his cost to sell on for the club