Author Topic: Trackdays in 2008  (Read 16947 times)

Offline giorgio

• Members
[quote pid=1855 author=Alex date=1214183704]Daily rentals for Curborough are quite good. It's a hillclimb track, you get it all to yourself for the day and there's plenty of run off if you cock it up. Might be worth organising a Club G40 closed track day?[/quote]

looking on their calendar august seems to be pretty packed out. No mention of prices but whats the cost?

Sure we can cherry pick a few people from club polo and maybe further afield if need be. Maybe even offer the Ronald 5 boys a chance. After all any idiot can whack up the boost and drill out the carb. Takes a real man to make a race car.

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
I know special rates for journalists, but I know clubs hire it out and it's about £60-£80 for a whole day per participant. And I think that's about ten people on track.

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
Thats not a bad price! ill be up for it for shore and my m8 in his g40! would love a g40 track day!

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
that's very cheap!  I'll look into it when I get a chance.

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
Pretty sure i could get 3 G40's to come out an play on a track day if the price is right, all depends on how far we would have to travel as previously said alot of you guys are far north.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 12:34:28 pm by wozzaG40 »

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Curborough is in Lichfield so it's pretty central really.  I've been to a ClubGTI track day there before.  It's not like a normal track day though, they just let one car out at once because the track is tiny.  When I was there each car did two laps and then went to the back of a queue again.

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
[quote pid=2069 author=hayesey date=1214828456]Curborough is in Lichfield so it's pretty central really.  I've been to a ClubGTI track day there before.  It's not like a normal track day though, they just let one car out at once because the track is tiny.  When I was there each car did two laps and then went to the back of a queue again.[/quote]

Thsts sound ok an it's only 60 odd miles from Northampton so im pretty sure i could persuade the other two guys to come along would be intereting to put the G through it's paces, definately wont be breaking any records though  :D

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
Top Gear test track is between £1000 and £1500 for the day  ;)

Offline giorgio

• Members
funny you should say that pete somebody else mentioned it to me to.

10 people - 150pounds = good laugh

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
lol that would be a good crack but not at 150quid!

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
You would want the stig to be there for that sort of money.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
£150? that's cheap as fuck, trackdays are normally more like £250.

Offline Tav

• Members
£150 not bad for an entire day, I'd drive down for that!  It's about £60-100 for a 4 hr session at knockhill, more on a weekend.  Could make some sweet Top Gear-esque videos.