Author Topic: Low Temp Fan Switches Etc  (Read 3101 times)

Offline pettsy

• Members
Low Temp Fan Switches Etc
« on: May 26, 2008, 11:01:48 pm »
Eversince i've had my G it seems to run very warm when stuck in traffic. I've replaced the thermostat, stat housing etc etc but it hasn't made any difference. the fan cuts in at correct temp etc. I was wondering,would it be of any benefit to fit a low temp fan switch/thermostat?

Awesome gti list both for a mk2 golf, would they fit a g40?

Pettsy

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
Re: Low Temp Fan Switches Etc
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 11:13:33 pm »
howdy pettsy, good to see you on the forum, i have this same problem, i cant help but get concerned with mine aswell, i am going to try messing with the wiring so when the switch turns on speed 1, it will infact turn on speed 2, and i cant see any harm with this, especially over the summer months, hell ive never heard of any under heating problems!!

but in reply to your question, i think they are the same fitment...

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Re: Re: Low Temp Fan Switches Etc
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 03:51:13 pm »
i suffered the same issue especially after a bit boost and then a sit in traffic!  so i had a pro wire in a switch.  basically he used a rear heated screen button in place of one of the dash blanks and when i press it it turns on the rad fan on speed 2.  its set up so it looks factory you actually cant see any wires its done that well.  its set up so:

the car can still turn it on itself via the fan switch on rad
it doesnt stay on if ignition is off.

its great in warm weather i use it all the time.  if its on in traffic the temp doesnt rise above 90..ever!

i think it only cost me about 25 quid to get a auto electrician to fit it properly and safely.