Author Topic: setting up C02  (Read 2279 times)

Offline TomG401991

setting up C02
« on: October 12, 2009, 07:51:28 pm »
hey guys basically my car isn't running 100% and the fumes from exhaust stink i took it in to the VW guru at my work and he said that the C02 setting are al over the shop but cant remember exactly how to set them up.

i was just wondering if anyone on here knows how i had a look over it after work today and looks like a air bypass for the tickover on the TB and an electronic mixture adjuster and the plastic elbow coming into the TB am i correct ?

Offline G40supercharged

• Members
Re: setting up C02
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 08:54:43 am »
The screw on the throttle body is an air bypass across the throttle plate and sets the base idle level. The bit that sticks out of the plastic boost pipe is a combined air temperature sensor/CO pot. The screw adjustment on top (under the blue cover) is the CO adjustment, but it's only for fine adjustment of the CO at idle. It's not going to fix a more serious problem (personally I would leave it alone). Check dizzy cap, leads, plugs, blue temperature sensor first. 

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 09:30:22 am »
if the CO is all over the place, going up and down, then it's not going to be CO pot adjustment to fix it.  Check the engine diagnostic FAQ in the engine FAQ section.

Offline TomG401991

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 12:50:06 pm »
i haven't checked the co2 level yet i was just wondering how you suposed to set it up the bloke at my work said it needs to be set up so he can iliminate that before we start throwing parts at it

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 12:52:10 pm »
ok well it's the screw on the plastic thing pushed into the side of the boost pipe.  Basically, run the car up to temp, put a gas analyser into the exhaust, unplug blue temp sensor and then adjust away.