Author Topic: HOT TUNING EXHAUST MANIFOLD??  (Read 3561 times)

Offline raf898

• Members
  • Bit Of All Whiteee..
HOT TUNING EXHAUST MANIFOLD??
« on: October 11, 2009, 12:09:58 am »
Hi I Was Just Looking On Ebay And Noticed A Nice Looking G40 Stainless Steel Exhaust Manifold..

It's Made By A Company Called Hot Tuning Based In Belgium..

Has Anyone Bought Any Part's From Them Or Even Better Bought The Part I Was Looking At??

If Anyone Has Let Me Know If It Is Any Good Pleasee..

Cheers Peep's..

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
Re: HOT TUNING EXHAUST MANIFOLD??
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 01:29:24 am »
I think these are the ones like Phil used to sell. Build quality looks good at first glance, but people have found issues when run on G40's. Sometimes the bend on cylinder 1 is not enough to allow the charger to be fitted with belts adjusted. Others have crap 2-1 join where it should be a 'Y' section there. Its a bit hit and miss really, though for £199 i wouldn't take a punt.  

Offline Olly G40

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 01:04:38 pm »
my mate has one ill tel him to get some pics up for you, sounds good and the fit is ok... only thing is it just touches on one of the bolts on the charger IIRC  :-\ im sure i did see a thread on here and someone had cut one open and like nick said there wasnt a propper join and it looked terrible. Dunno if this was a hot tuning one though. deffo do a bit of research before buyin one mate and let me know how you get on as i wanna buy one!  ;D

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 05:22:15 pm »
2 of ours left at £325 + delivery, you won't get this price again!!

Offline raf898

• Members
  • Bit Of All Whiteee..
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 06:23:04 pm »
Cheers For The Offer Yoof.. If I Had The Extra Money To Go For The One's Your Selling I Would But Money Is A Bit Tight After Do My Conversion..

Cheers For All The Advice Guy's.. I Really Dunno What To Do About This..

If Anyone Has Bought One Of These Pleaseeeeeeee Let Me Know How You Got On With It..

Oo And If You Could Get A Couple Of Pic's That Would Be Sweet Cheers Matee..

Offline markh450

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 07:07:20 pm »
Hi.

I fitted one of these stainless 4 branch manifolds to my G40 (manifold badged as a TA tecnix but made by the same company as Hot tuning I believe), only to have to take it off again because it fouled the anti roll bar. it also runs quite close (a mm or two) to the 'T' type bracket on the charger, although many people don't use this bracket. 

If you had the anti roll bar blocks fitted it should be fine, I couldn't be arsed messing with it to be honest.

If you are willing to mess about to get it to fit you can buy mine off me for £100, brand new, never actually run on the car, a few scuffs from fitting but nothing of any note. (sorry if this should be in the classifieds, I just thought it was relevant)

cheers

mark (email at mark@royhatfield.com)

Offline GAF2

• Members
  • serious supercharging
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 07:30:24 pm »
i got a TA tecnix one of phil fitted no problem apart from having to remove that t-bracket and i had g-ladersite arb blocks.
heres a pic..........

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo82/GAF2_photo/DSC00028.jpg

cheers grant

Offline sleag40

• Members
  • Poloist
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 07:52:39 pm »
I run one of these. Mine came with no lambda probe boss and it didn't line up centrally at the exit. Problems solved with a little fettling but it would have been nice if it fitted as it arrived. Just one pain in the arse in a long series!

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 07:56:52 pm »
I have a Raceland from 2006 and it fits OK on my G40. Seems the later made ones suffer from a lack of quality control and are being churned out by the lorry load.

Offline raf898

• Members
  • Bit Of All Whiteee..
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2009, 08:28:46 am »
Soo Many Mixed Reviews About This Company..

But I Think I Might Keep Away Coz I Cant Be Bothered With The Hastlee..

Cheerss Guy'ss..