Author Topic: my upgrade  (Read 4865 times)

Offline bushyg40

• Members
my upgrade
« on: May 12, 2008, 08:00:56 pm »
well guys my valve stem seals were well past their use if u get wat i mean so i ordered a head set and thought if im taking the head off y not do the rest of the head eg cam porting charger  [attachment=40]
and i saw this on ebay
[attachment=44]
so i had that then thought well need more flow so i started porting the inlet manifold [attachment=39]
then i done the inlet of the head
[attachment=42]
[attachment=43]
thats so far anyway any comments welcome

Offline giorgio

• Members
Re: my upgrade
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 08:19:51 pm »
rehost the pics matey the forum seems to have gayed them up.

Offline bushyg40

• Members
Re: Re: my upgrade
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 09:04:03 pm »
tried it just done the same

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Re: Re: my upgrade
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 09:10:51 pm »
they're just miles too big.  I need to make the forum automatically resize them but it doesn't right now.

Offline bushyg40

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: my upgrade
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 10:49:13 pm »
anyway any comments welcome :)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my upgrade
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 09:35:13 am »
you'd be better off making the pictures so they are just links, so people can click them and it'll open a new window showing the whole picture.  Or make them a lot smaller.

Offline G-spot

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my upgrade
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 10:38:18 pm »
[quote pid=1324 author=bushyg40 date=1210628953]anyway any comments welcome :)[/quote]

If your doing all that work on your head, then I recomment changing the valve guides as well as the stem seals, (I say this as my guides where badly worn on close inspection and the valves stems themselves had taken a harmering too(so new valves all round too).

Can't tell much from your pic's (if you can resize them would be great), but when I did all my head porting work, I used an old gasket to act as a template and therefore matching each head port with each manifold port thus creating a smooth transition between the mating parts(in my opinion thats inportant than getting greater diameter). Generally I found that the exhaust manifold(PSD) and the GT inlet manifold that I fitted were both larger bored than the G40 head, but port offsets were different so matching edge with edge is crucial.

Offline bushyg40

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: my upgrade
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 11:06:43 pm »
with the gaskets you can grind away a coulple mill off them too and get a bigger bore and ye its all port matched