Author Topic: supercharger maintanence  (Read 3550 times)

Offline scottiemayes

• Members
supercharger maintanence
« on: November 19, 2009, 07:38:10 pm »
Hi i wanted to know when you have to get the supercharger cleaned on the g40 and what it is they do, also i live in Northampton so if anyone can recommend a good place that will do this it will be helpfull. Thanks

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: supercharger maintanence
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 10:08:11 pm »
cleaned?  :D do you mean serviced?  they replace all the seals and bearings.

pete

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2009, 11:40:49 am »
the charger is usually cleaned or blasted aswell (Jabbasport used a low ish pressure sand blaster) before the new seals and bearing go in, and the timing belt is replaced, also usually, pre oiled (primed) aswell.

But you the owner may have to check that the oil feed line and return are free from blockages and in good conditions, and also the banjos and washers are clean.  I remember being so anal over this after having my G60 blow a hole in itself from a blocked oil feed line.

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 09:28:55 pm »
the charger is usually cleaned or blasted aswell (Jabbasport used a low ish pressure sand blaster)

only cosmetic, not a must ;D, remember you could have the dirtyest and most gouged looking charger ever but as long as the internals are healthy e,g bearings seals inc apex seals the charger should last a while if run in correctly,

i know of a bloke in penistone, sheffield that services them, does a proper job of them and is reasonably priced  ;) ;)

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2009, 11:33:39 am »
Sorry I meant the internals aswell.  Can't remember it was sand or just a high pressure water jet and degreaser/engine cleaner, more likely the latter.

Offline scottiemayes

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 10:43:28 am »
Cheers guys much appreciated also i have noticiced a bit of oil in the out and intake pipe of the supercharger, is that normal?  ???

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 10:44:28 am »
a finger full of oil is normal on the outlet and boost return pipes (throttle through rocker cover back to the charger)