Author Topic: got pulled over by an R32!  (Read 7918 times)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: got pulled over by an R32!
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 08:38:05 pm »
a helicopter is no use if they don't have something actually on the ground that can quickly get to the criminals and arrest them.  They use helicopters to direct the police cars on the ground so they don't lose the criminal.  A helicopter on it's own wouldn't be able to do anything other than watch the criminals as they get away.

I think it's only right that the police have fast cars.  If they have slow cars then it just means that chases will last longer and in more cases, people would get away.  I reckon it'd also increase crime since people would know the police only have slow cars and they think they have a better chance of getting away with it.

Offline mark_crox

• Members
  • www.mk2polo.co.uk
Re: got pulled over by an R32!
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 04:17:13 pm »
Warwickshire have a black R32, was busy telling my missus about it one day whilst we were joining the M40 - decided not to despatch the Volvo sitting at 90ish and backed off. 2 mins later the Volvo was on the hard shoulder with aforementioned R32 behind him giving him a ticket.

The R32 just doesn't look quite right if you're really checking it out, can just about see the lights in the rear and it's got an extra aerial. Plus two guys in bright green jackets sitting in the front...

Yep they have an R32, BMW 330 saloon, Black Subaru Impreza (Old shape) with the big wing, and a Focus RS. Coventry has a rather boring 5 series as well.

The Subaru Impreza is sometimes driven by a couple of fit police women! :)