Author Topic: RX7???  (Read 6162 times)

Offline Tommo

• Members
Re: RX7???
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 02:53:24 pm »
Everyone knows someone with one! even me!

A friend has one, its the rounded one with the pop up headlights. I think its a good car as long as its been looked after and you dont mind the tremendous service costs. The mistake my mate made was thinking 'ahhh, well rude jap turbo car innit' and started buying tuning bits. Spent approximatly 1 million pounds on a hand held controller ECU thing and everything. Thats when the engine self destructed because the seals went, but they arent really seals, they are a 3 piece springy clip type thing that looks like it dosent work (but obviously does to an extent). Since rebuilding the motor with a new 'block' (which was extortionate) its had all sorts of issues with it not running right. Half the problem is there are only a few people in the country who can map them properly and they charge a fortune! This thing is at some fancey tuning shop every other week. Next its getting somthing called 'aviation seals' which cost approx 2 million pounds and are supposed to solve all his problems. I think most of the issues come from the fact that his g/f's house is only a few miles away and it dosent warm up enough on the trips which keeps knackering it.

The moral of the story for my mate was he should have either left it standard or bought somthing a little more normal/affordable like a skyline or 300zx etc. People rave about the rotarys but they are all disadvantages and no advantages, to me anyway.

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 11:10:18 pm »
To be fair im sitting here with my mate who's read through some of the comments...as a current owner he says a lot of the comments are just hearsay. Is there such a thing as a reliable high powered performance car?  Yes the rx 7's have their issues..but for example the comment about..front discs off that rx 7 guru..saying you cant get front discs from anywhere but mazda?  not true.  Anyways..wozza if you are interested in an rx 7 my mate has two up for sale soon..drop me a pm if you want to get in touch with him.  Any questions you can ask him..engine rebuilts the lot he's done that on his before. :D 

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 11:22:01 am »
Pm'd  ;D

Offline quiksilver_jake

• Members
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 12:53:23 pm »
heard there fast.. but of of my mates has just sold his mad spec import one, i know its been to around 180mph private road mind ;)

Offline Tommo

• Members
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 04:16:36 pm »
To be fair I think most of them are import ones. Only reason I know is becuase my mates is meant to be a quite rare genuine UK car and someone once tried to nick his fuse box lid because it tells you what the fuses are in english!