Author Topic: Capri green G, nearly road worthy  (Read 3335 times)

Offline SuperMario

• Members
Capri green G, nearly road worthy
« on: July 19, 2009, 08:29:50 pm »
Well this is my polo G40, i brought it off here a while ago now, the owner thought the charger had blown as it was bellowing out smoke, it had been sitting for a year, any way got it home, new battery and tryed to start it, he was right it was bwllowing smoke out, but the charger wasnt sending oil down the pipes, the head gasket had gone, done that, gave it a big service, all new plugs, cap,arm etc. seviced the charger as it was due anyway.

right now it seems to be over fueling quite badly, got a new water temp sensor, still the same, so ive narrowdit down to injectors, ive got some G60 1s on the way, soon to have a chip to suit and toothies with a 65mm pully, what sort of power should i expect?  only got the one pic, the lupo is my daily while i sort the G out.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 05:57:00 pm by Musto »

Offline lance

• Members
Re: Capri green G
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 02:23:42 pm »
your lambda could be broke mate thats why its over fueling.

Offline SuperMario

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 04:04:29 pm »
a thanks mate will look into this, as my charger nearly blew up it leaked quite a bit of oil, so the lamba would have taken a pasting!

Offline SuperMario

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 05:56:25 pm »
New injectors seemd to do the trick! so happy its finally running how it should be! just need to source some callipers, harder than i thought!, got  decat to go on, going to have a side exit, then mot time, be on the road soon! will love to take it to a show instead of the lupo!