Author Topic: Tie Rod Arms  (Read 4923 times)

Offline Weeman

• Members
Tie Rod Arms
« on: April 21, 2008, 07:55:53 pm »
Where other than VW themselves can i get a set?? Must be for the G40, i'd even have an uprated set if they are about as they will cost about the same!!

I need both tie rods as one is fu*ked and i want to replace the other while im at it.

I've been quoted £70 each from VW, and 10days leadtime as one is manual order from Germany only  :(

Any help appresiated.

Cheers
Iain.

Offline SteG40

• Members
Re: Tie Rod Arms
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 10:37:18 pm »
I've been trying to get hold of one as well.

I went to one dealer and got told the same as you, that they needed to do a manual order, so they did this and then VW in Germany said they will only sell them to people whose car is 93 or newer becuase they haven't got many left.

I went to another dealer today who checked and they rung another dealer to check too and they said they were obsolete, don't know if this true.

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
Re: Re: Tie Rod Arms
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 11:34:08 pm »
Mine is still running the GT tie rods from before the conversion, but Steve PSD got hold of a reconditioning kit or something where you can change the bushes for rose jointed G40 spec stuff. So effectively I've now got G40 tie rods.

Worth asking him where you can get these from. If your rods are bent or something, buy some from a scrappy and convert those instead.

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
Re: Re: Re: Tie Rod Arms
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 12:21:47 am »
Yep, have just gone obsolete. When i went to order one, they had 3 left at VW HQ and by the time i had got back with a genuine G40 chassis number to complete the order, all sold out :(

Offline Weeman

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Tie Rod Arms
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 08:25:20 am »
Will have to do some more looking.... I seem to remember some one had done a kit that converts both arms to be adjustable... but i cant remember where i read it :(

Im gonna chance ordering one for VAG and see what they say.... but i'll try getting in touch with Steve aswell and see if i can find the information on this conversion kit.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 08:28:05 am by peteg40 »