Author Topic: Cant decide G-werks or Jabba ?  (Read 8854 times)

Offline polo classic

• Members
Re: Cant decide G-werks or Jabba ?
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 02:33:45 pm »
I have, they done mikes lader, and Darren put some washer on the wrong way round, starved a bearing of oil and it collapsed.... 1k later, after a new bearing (fitted by mike) It blew the oil seals.

What washer was this? No washers in the chargers that can be put in incorrectly!

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 02:49:56 pm »
you can put the circlip on the main bearing in wrong and block the oil way.

Offline jimbugalee

• Members
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2009, 03:21:13 pm »
I've been having this conversation with myself since I bought my G (previous one done by PSD with no problems).

I think Jabba may have dropped their prices (for Stage 5) and now come in well under G-Werks (£495 vs £560 plus £90 fitting at G-Werks).  Price isn't everything  but it's quite a difference.  I'm sure Jabba must charge something on top to fit?

I STILL can't decide but soon my charger may go so I need to sort something out.

grrrr!!

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2009, 08:30:47 pm »
Jabba have had mine three times now with no complaints. Having said that, running a toothed belt opens up the chance of blowing seals. Their prices are competative though and if they fit your charger they extend the warranty period to six months which is worth while.

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 05:23:26 pm »
its just Jabbas customer services on the phone that lacks alot.

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 01:54:27 pm »
All depends who picks up the phone on the other end really, some half whit or a friendly and helpful person.

Living in Northamptonshire Jabba is much closer so have always gone there, out of the 3 G40's my friends and i have and a fair amount of work undertaken at Jabba we have yet to have a complaint.

However some time ago i remember a point made by Pete regarding Charger work, unless you take it apart and check it over how will you know if they have "done you over" or not.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2009, 02:05:09 pm »
yeah - with any company, unless they give you a bag of bits back and you know what you are looking for in the bag, then who knows!?!?!

Offline DMWG40

• Members
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2009, 02:38:18 pm »
its just Jabbas customer services on the phone that lacks alot.

Hi all the companies have this issue, Jabba when they first started out everyone wanted to talk to Mike and then brian started to field all the calls so mike could actually do the work rather then being on the phone all day. happened the same with PSD and I guess G-werks as well, everyone always wnats to chat to the main man.

I have used both services and they are good. but like they says any service you get done, is there any proof its been done, can be said for most car services.
and if half the stuff you check, you might as well have done the service yourself.