Author Topic: TPS On G40  (Read 4051 times)

Offline giorgio

• Members
TPS On G40
« on: May 12, 2008, 06:42:30 pm »
The only G40 engine bay I seen running emerald is using a GT throttle body, with various bits blanked off.

The same set up could be applied to my car, although being an eaton engine I would need to install a dump-valve. Not a major task and I think I got one in the garage, but would rather not have to.

Second issue is that I have the larger G40 throttle body which would be a shame to waste. Saying that I hard GT TBs actually have a larger area than a stock G40 one. Could anybody tell me which of the 3 TBs would best to use. Am willing to sacrifice some performance if it makes my life easier.

This thread on club polo mentioned the NZ throttle body could be made to work on a G40 but am I right in thinking Emerald will only need a TPS not a idle or full throttle switch.

So does anybody know how to add a throttle position sensor to a G40 throttle body or should I just begin to modify a GT throttle body and elbow and use that
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 06:44:56 pm by giorgio »

Offline giorgio

• Members
Re: TPS On G40
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 07:06:21 pm »
Chose to reply to this thread rather than edit just because its easier but its also a reply, even if its my own <_<

Quote from: Steve PSD on another forum
The inlet is a bit of a hybrid. Three sides of the plenum and the TB flange are 20Vt, the base plate I fabricated and the runners are from a Polo GT inlet manifold

Although its very nice, its a little out of my league in terms of fabrication.

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
Re: Re: TPS On G40
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 12:39:15 am »
Use a GT throttle body & dump valve.

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
Re: Re: Re: TPS On G40
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 01:45:03 am »
I have an Audi 8v throttle body with the TPS going spare. The TB itself looks just like a large GT one.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 01:55:31 am by Nick_S »