Author Topic: why club g40 should grow....  (Read 13296 times)

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
why club g40 should grow....
« on: May 09, 2008, 12:55:11 pm »
http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=107953&st=0

read this!

this stuff makes my blood boil - does a prank egg justify someone potentially needing a respray on their car.

And yes, I may be taking it personally the 'get to f£ck' insult, but I never comment on him personally, merely his actions.

Elitism maybe, but a club g40 stand/pitch etc. will be the best thing thats happened to the vw camping experience if you ask me. I want an enjoyable beer/show with like minded individuals - not kids.

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
Re: why club g40 should grow....
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 02:10:44 am »
well i cant get on there to view it lol

but i have decided to stop general posting on there, i really do feel odd one out, it is over run by idiots now, asking prices on this, what colour for this, how much is this worth etc

its just boring to browse, cant remember the last time i read a fresh "how to" on their...

I say it everytime but it is a real shame, i know the admin team are up against it, and i do respect what they have to do, but its a shame it is how it is, and a few sneaky mods have got in power that really shouldnt, i actually got shouted at and rudely put in place, for inforcing forum rules on a post, then PM'd saying, "dont post on a advert if your not intrested in it"

That was the final straw that made me realise, it is a loosing battle.

Remember the good times, and move on, and just like the mods regularly say "if you dont like it, dont use it"

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
Re: Re: why club g40 should grow....
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 02:26:06 am »
just read it, and yeah he is out of order, completely, and the replies amaze me, maybe they were just wanting attention, hell maybe they just thought it would make conversation, its a fuckin egg, then to pour brake fluid on a car?

no utter rubbish, the responses scare me more than anything, "its people like this that make this country what it is"

how ironic, its the retards on there saying "well done" that make it what it is

i dont know how walshy can even say that to you pete?

like i said, just leave even browsing the forum, i use the for sale section and thats it, up the G40 massive :D

Offline Andy

• Traders
Re: Re: Re: why club g40 should grow....
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 07:23:49 am »
I agree with what Alex and Pete said in that thread. Brake fluid is really harsh, and by the sounds of it some will've ended up on the road - hopefully not enough to make anyone skid and slew across two lanes and end up under a bus...

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
Re: Re: Re: Re: why club g40 should grow....
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 12:59:02 pm »
Andy I thought you where in Italy????

O_o

Brake fluid is such a harsh response to having an egg lobbed on your car... I'd have chased and pulled them over and had a word.

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: why club g40 should grow....
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 01:02:34 pm »
its a hard one cos i like craig..i dont agree with what he did though a bit ott.

anyway i would love to see a clubg40 stand.  i'd be there without a doubt.

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: why club g40 should grow....
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 01:11:32 pm »
Im still pritty narked off that it doesnt look like i will be at many shows this coming season as i am back in the world of djing fri sat nights so it steals any weekend action, is a shame as i remember the last one i went to and that was BVF 2005 i think, and that was good fun...

I just always feel the odd one out if i dont go to shows, even tho i do know most of you lot anyway :D

I will be suprised if police aint contacted about craigs incident, and publically saying what you have done, not a good move either...

Offline giorgio

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: why club g40 should grow....
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 01:30:05 pm »
part of me thinks they got what they deserved. And given the provocation I would probably do the same.

Although the last thing I would do it tell anybody, let alone shout about it on the internet

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: why club g40 should grow....
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 03:35:33 pm »
I'm done with CP now. It's been steadily boring me more and more for a while, and I think this is just symptomatic of the way it has become.

As has already been said, it's not a problem with the admin team, it's just a sinking ship in general. That's the problem with an owners club being based around a car that you can buy for less than a takeaway and insure when you're 17. You'll end up with a dodgy mix of members.

I'm not leaving on the basis of that thread, it's more the straw that broke the camel's back. If that's the sort of stuff that gets applauded on there it's not the sort of place where I want to hang about.

Offline bushyg40

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: why club g40 should grow....
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 05:34:03 pm »
here here i agree with you all when you post a question on there all you get is sarcasm in reply or the wrong answer

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: why club g40 should grow....
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 05:43:36 pm »
I won't be going to the rolling road or the polo show this year for sure.  I'm sick of the way the sites run but have been for a while.  nothing to do with this thread.

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: why club g40 should grow....
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 06:47:15 pm »
its all irelevant really as we have the G40 forum now :D

and slowly but surely it is getting busier and the technical posts are being posted, and more importantly they are being appreciated.

*clink of glasses for Club G40
 :)

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
I'd add this to the thread, but having just given up my moderator rights on Club Polo I can't reply to locked threads any more.

See how easily situations like this get out of hand?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7392547.stm
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 06:59:28 pm by Alex »

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
[quote pid=1282 author=Alex date=1210442345]I'd add this to the thread, but having just given up my moderator rights on Club Polo I can't reply to locked threads any more.

See how easily situations like this get out of hand?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7392547.stm[/quote]

ha was just 10min ago driving home form work and took that exact corner, remembered that article and thought it is true, a little bit of racing goes totally out of control...

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
god every damn post annoys me on their

check the replies here

http://www.clubpolo.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=108079

unbelievable, and the "it doesnt add bhp so why care"