Author Topic: G40 engine info  (Read 1897 times)

Offline loony

• Members
G40 engine info
« on: April 20, 2009, 09:26:56 pm »
Hey all ive just joined this forum in the hope that there would be a few engines kicking about on the classifieds and there was but im stunned at how fast everything goes! Ive got a really mint Polo saloon and would love a G40 in it but i can see me having a headache trying to find one. Is it an easy conversion to do if you got the parts? What sort of power can I expect? Any info would be great cheers.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: G40 engine info
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 09:52:17 pm »
hi welcome to the forum  8)

yes it's a straight forward conversion, all bolt-in.  You need all the ECU and engine wiring loom from the g40 too as well as the engine and it's ancillaries. 

Engines aren't ten a penny no, bear in mind that vw only sold around 500 g40s in the UK.  You have to be quick to spot them for sale.

cheers,
Paul.

Offline loony

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 10:01:09 pm »
Thanks for the reply yes ive heard there were limited numbers sold. I know its not what you guys would like to hear but would it be cheaper to buy the whole car and strip it? Even if it was a non runner or poor condition. I dont mind doing a rebuild if needs be. Are the cars expensive?

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 03:03:39 pm »
th cars themselves seem to range from maybe £1200 for something totally fooked to £3000+ for a top spec minter. Think theres still an engine for sale over on club polo?