Author Topic: High idle problem when cold.  (Read 2398 times)

Offline 40cent

High idle problem when cold.
« on: February 21, 2009, 12:40:07 pm »
Hi all got a idle problem with the polo which seemed to start when i fitted a jabbasport induction kit.

When the engine is cold i can start the engine and it idles around 1200rpm which is ok but when i start driving then come to a stop it revs at around 1800-2000rpm.

I can get the revs to drop to normal by putting it into gear with hand brake on and letting the clutch go slightly.
Ive fitted a replacement idle control valve but this didnt have any effect.

I seem to think i may be down to a timing issue but if anyone has any ideas on the what could be causing it then love to hear from you.

Cheers
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 12:42:29 pm by 40cent »

Offline GAF2

• Members
  • serious supercharging
Re: High idle problem when cold.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 03:41:15 pm »
orite mate just out of intrest where did you get that replacment idle air control valve because i need one, also can you change it with the inlet manifold in place.  Cheers for any info.

Grant

Offline 40cent

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 09:38:19 pm »
Hi m8. the idle control valve was just a spare that i had which i cleaned up. I would imagine vw would still have stock of them but ive never enquired.
I pretty sure it is nessesary to take the inlet manifold off, i did anyway because i wanted to take a look at the breather at the same time but its simple enough to do.

Offline GAF2

• Members
  • serious supercharging
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 09:45:35 pm »
Spot on buddy think thats the way i am heading a strip and clean not being able to idle is starting to do my head in.

cheers.