Classifieds > Wanted

Inline Fuel Pump

(1/1)

chenderby:
Does anyone have an inline fuel pump for sale? Mine has stopped working and finding a replacement is proving difficult. Thanks.

chenderby:
Well I managed to find a new inline fuel pump, replaced that and the fuel filter,  but still doesn't start...  Seems the in tank lift pump has also stopped working.... What are the chances. Anyone have a lift pump by any chance?

chenderby:
Well, finally sorted this out - inline pump and lift pump failed together. For others reference the following are the part numbers:

Inline Pump: 867906091 (not B!) - This is a 3 bar unit specific to G40 and GT. Bosch part number is 580453918. Not made since 2016, very hard to find though I managed to track one down eventually. Fuelpumpsonline recommend OTP017 and FP603 (replacing Bosch 0580464070) - bigger dia and different electrical connections.

Intank lift pump: 357906092C - Heritage offer one but its some unknown make and has a different filter - they wont tell me where its from. Bosch equivalent 69481. Found one on Amazon for £95. The original appears to be VDO, but couldn't find it by their part number E22-057-015Z from their website (thir p/n not on the pump). Fuelpumps online list a Sytec one. VW classic has "OE Quality" one for EUR105. Glencoe ltd stock the filter only if you need one.

Sender for fuel guage:867919051M - Cant find these anywhere, M is specific to G40 (different shape float arm). Also the rubber / metal connector that joins the pump to the sender 533 919 133B I cant find. Made one out of some rubber fuel pipe for now.

G40supercharged:
Thanks for sharing this information. My G40 has been sat for a very long time and doesn't start anymore due to fuel pump issues so I'm probably going to have to find some replacements as well.

chenderby:
Let me know if you sorted your fuel pump issues. The original replacement I put on died pretty quickly, I replaced it with the Bosch 0580464070, but that is noisy straight away..... Not sure if I have a bad pump, or if there is something else going on here. I put a pre-filter before the pump which looked pretty clean when I checked it. I could try another 0580464070 or OTP017 maybe but its getting a bit silly.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version