Author Topic: polo g40 factory electric sunroof not working? help  (Read 2243 times)

Offline capri-green-g40

polo g40 factory electric sunroof not working? help
« on: February 02, 2022, 01:33:10 pm »
hi so my polo has a factory electric sunroof and its not quite right as i hit the button to open it i can hear the motor working but the pannel dosent retract and if i push the switch to close it i dont hear the motor so id asume its hit a limmiting swith then broke but im honestly clueless any help would be gratley aprisiated

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: polo g40 factory electric sunroof not working? help
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2022, 10:26:43 am »
I don't know much about these really but I've heard of people in mk2 golfs having similar issues and I would guess it's a very similar mechanism. If the motor is running but the panel isn't opening then it could be that the cable has snapped. But there is usually a manual override on these things, under a cover probably on the roof where the windy handle would normally be, some kind of mechanism to manually open and close it.

Offline capri-green-g40

Re: polo g40 factory electric sunroof not working? help
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2022, 01:52:56 pm »
UPDATE I CUT THE HEADLINER OT AS IT WAS TORN ALREADY and i turned a little adjuster on the pcb and it works i don't know what i did but it works now so success?