Author Topic: Hey lads  (Read 3428 times)

Offline Lost_Cause

• Members
Hey lads
« on: February 18, 2009, 11:30:57 pm »
Just wanna say hi. New to this site/forum even though i've had my G for 4.5 years now (although it's been off the road for 3.5 of them, hence the user name), & i've had 3 other polo coupes before that. By the way, i'm from Cork in the south of Ireland & there ain't many over here so parts/advice & interest are hard to come by.

Hopefully, she'll be back on the road soon (she's financially dependent) & i can put a few pics up. There's already a few on our club site, www.vage.ie, (she's the 91-C regged car, not the D reg in some pics).

Anyways, introductions over, i'm sure ye will see my name surface here & there,
Cheers,
Donie.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: Hey lads
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 08:14:09 am »
welcome to the mad house!

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 09:25:27 am »
owdo, welcome to the forum.  8)

Sounds like your car spends even more time off the road in bits than mine does (and that's really saying something).

Offline polo dan

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 10:49:48 pm »
hi fella
ha ha i can relate to this i`ve have my 40 for 8 coming up for 9 years (now the painful bit) i`ve done 5,ooo mile in it , yippy  ;D

the thing is its not all been the 40`s fault , more my lack of money  :'(

hope you get it going soon as so do i 

Offline Lost_Cause

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 12:24:31 am »
Yeah, i bought it from a dude in Essex, brought it home & had mad crack for 'bout a year. Then decided to take it off the road & get it sprayed & add a few touches. Touches which i got wrong/ adjusted/ changed my mind/ changed my mind again, etc. That & buying a house, (stupid bricks,can't supercharge a lump of bricks,  :P).  Now i've a few issues which need sorting before i nct (irish version of mot) it, so i can put it back on the road. Only manage to get it out once a year when we hold our club show, & i literally limp it there & back again. I've had 3 different sets of wheels on it for crying out loud, that's without it being driven. Although i'm working on a car port coz no garage here, then i'll have no excuse for leavin' sit around.

Oh by the way, cheers for the welcome.

Offline Varley

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 10:45:27 am »
Welcome to the forum pal.

Best we steer clear of the 'how long has the G spent off the road' topic...

I'm too ashamed to even go there!

haha!

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 08:37:04 pm »
welcome.

Seems i've been lucky then. I've been without mine for 2weeks now (nearly 3 :-() and thats the only time its not been on the road.

I'll shut up now!