Author Topic: Oil pressure regulating valve  (Read 3345 times)

Offline Agent47

• Members
Oil pressure regulating valve
« on: January 16, 2020, 11:00:50 pm »
Hi guys,
Had a boost leak check and reportedly had a small leak from item 9 (https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/polo+derby+vento-ind/po/1994-120/1/103-3000/)
I had a look and it's had some bodging done to it. The rubber hose that goes down and connects to what looks like a vacuum hose is split. This vacuum hose goes down beneath the inlet to what I guess is the idle stabilization valve? The other 2 lines go to the charcoal canister and what I think is the boost return hose. I'm not expecting to find any in good shape or a new one but is this necessary and possibly be deleted? Sure I've read about people deleting the charcoal canister and wondered if they did away with the rest?
To help, I've got a standalone ECU now and wouldn't have thought I'd need the idle stabilization valve. Any ideas in helping me clear up my engine bay and reduce potential leak issues.

Offline sleag40

• Members
  • Poloist
Re: Oil pressure regulating valve
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 12:42:15 pm »
If you want to replace it, I'm sure I have a spare one somewhere, I'll have a look this afternoon.

Offline Agent47

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 04:46:03 pm »
It's not that bit that's the issue, it's the small rubber piece that goes from around a 10mm diameter down to maybe 5mm that split and was causing the leak. For now I've glued it together and seam sealed it as best as possible in the hope that works. The post was more directed to see if it was possible to delete the whole thing.

Offline sleag40

• Members
  • Poloist
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 05:08:08 pm »
Fair doos.

Offline Caskill

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 12:31:41 am »
I ditched the whole lot, Ive got a one vac line going from the servo hose to the fpr and another to the map sensor, bunged the hole in the slide valve line with an M6 bolt and bought a little silicone cap off ebay to blank the vac take off from the throttle body, ditched the whole charcoal canister and flying saucer and ran one hose direct from the crankcase breather to a catch tank. Less leak paths the better :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 12:37:50 am by Caskill »

Offline Agent47

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 10:37:59 am »
This sounds like a winner. Do you have any pictures of this?

Offline Caskill

• Members
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 08:26:08 pm »
Kind of hard to see it in pictures I tried taking a couple tonight. PM me your number and I can send you a quick video if I'm under the car this weekend if you like