Author Topic: No spark/fuel G40 conversion  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Caskill

• Members
No spark/fuel G40 conversion
« on: September 23, 2019, 01:14:07 pm »
Hi guys. I've just done a G40 conversion into an spi breadvan and cant get the thing to fire up - injectors aren't firing and neither is the coil. The fuel pump isn't priming with the ignition on but runs when the starter is cranking - cant remember if this is normal or not. I'm presuming from what I can figure out from the wiring diagrams that the ECU relay needs to close for the fuel pump to run so I would say there is power going to the ECU but still need to check this.

Other common faults I've managed to dismiss is the mixed up connectors in the loom as I stripped the loom back and labelled it up properly before installation. The hall sender is also new, but I did swap it out for the spi one to see if it would fire the injectors but had no luck. The next stop for me is to trace back the looms in the earth to make sure they are all good but wondered if anyone had some other ideas? I had a good look at the board of the ecu and there doesn't seem to be any fried components on it.

Any help much appreciated as I'm not to hot with the wiring side of things! Cheers  :)

Offline Caskill

• Members
Re: No spark/fuel G40 conversion
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 09:32:30 am »
Bit of an update - found a Digifant troubleshooting guide that's a seriously good bit of information. Done a fair bit of multimetering and according to it my ecu is faulty. Anyone got a spare kicking about?