Author Topic: Best engineers know to admit they might be wrong  (Read 3128 times)

Offline NealPeal

• Members
  • Stupid is as stupid does
    • LightDiodeDesignsUK YouTubeChannel (Fun of all sorts)
Best engineers know to admit they might be wrong
« on: October 13, 2018, 02:26:54 pm »
So ive started my  car, black smoke and no lambda again.. pumped some fuel out the rail, heated the lambda heater with 12v. Everything ive ever tried...

To save holding 2 wires together in the steering together that notmally would go to the ignition i stuck a clothes peg on them.. suddenlty the lambda wave returned and the smell of fuel went.. Today i just started it holding them together at first, then let go...

I think this might have been my problem all along.. coincidences might have come together to screw me up.!! I might well have joined them after playing with something else.!!!

Cool, i learned something today..
Matt, lets disable your immobiliser in the same way, just a thought

Cool :-)

Neal

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
Re: Best engineers know to admit they might be wrong
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 03:32:19 am »
This is exactly why I hate wiring!!! Especially if an immobilizers involved.

Offline NealPeal

• Members
  • Stupid is as stupid does
    • LightDiodeDesignsUK YouTubeChannel (Fun of all sorts)
Re: Best engineers know to admit they might be wrong
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 01:34:56 am »
I'd recommend making your own immobiliser with a cheap IOT-Relay kit, I've got a few here. These little boards can be wifi clients or access points. A day's coding on a pair of them, a battery and a keybox would make an easy security device.! There's no way of stopping someone getting round it by sticking 12V on the Lambda Heater without customising the factory loom-extension as far as I know anyway.!

The last time I closed the bonnet on the car I was/am dejected. It was running fine.... then I refilled it with antifreeze and it seemed OK for 20 minutes, then it just started backfiring and wouldn't start again no matter what I did with the keyswitch wiring.
I am worried about how much water came out the exhaust after I'd left it for a month..! I'm wondering about water in the petrol, or worse a rotten head leaking.! (cheers for the nod Paul)

When I get back I'll stick a camera down each bore and look for moisture and probably rust. I imagine the exhaust will be wet and corroded let alone the cat.

Still, might be better in the spring.! For now, it looks nice, they are the perfect shape for a car!

:-) Cheers
NEAL