Club G40 > General Chat

Back in a g40 after 16 years

(1/1)

rsmark86:
I just purchased the conversion car off eBay. For me I think I got a good little deal

Had a g40 before I had a license as a project and regretted selling it and have always wanted another but never found one for one reason or another

Then this come up and the missus said let’s get it 😂

Can’t wait to play around with it

Ex cup engine 1308cc
Worked head
PSD cam
PSD pulley kit
R1 charger and all supporting mods

It has coil overs and a stage 3 subframe but badly needs some sort of brake upgrade

Is it a direct swap for a 22mm master ? Or is there a guide available?

And also who are the tuners for these now? Thinking it’s on the limit of the injectors so want an upgrade and map? But I’ve seen that K-data ECU if I can’t find a good tuner ?

Thanks

hayesey:
welcome!  Always amuses me how many people sell G40s and then buy another one because they miss it so much.

You can fit a 22mm master cylinder but it wont make much of a differnce, just reduce pedal travel.  More useful when you've put bigger calipers on.

I'd probably start by giving the brakes an overhaul, they aren't that bad when they're in good order.  New brake fluid, decent set of pads.  Also strip down, clean up and rebuild the rear drums, these often get neglected but will make the whole braking system crap if they're not working right and adjusted properly.

I guess also make sure it actually has g40 brakes on it too I guess, these are still 239mm but with vented discs.  The non-vented ones overheat and fade really quickly.

G-spot:
I hope I don't go 16 years...

rsmark86:
Forgot to come back on here 😂

I have since this post fitted the 22mm master, although it doesn’t give more brake force it makes the pedal feel better, which in turn gives me more confidence in the brakes. All the tears are adjusted up to.

To be fair I do think it would benefit from a front brake upgrade.

Had a few teething issues which I have now sorted. So funny enough I have a fully working g40 which is great 👍

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version