Author Topic: G40 parts for sale  (Read 3795 times)

Offline Naffs

• Members
G40 parts for sale
« on: November 07, 2018, 04:47:17 pm »
Hello,

I'm based in Stanground in Peterborough &  have for sale a number of items, from a G40 project that ran out of steam after we bought all the stuff a few years ago. Most of it has been sat in my garage or bedroom in a dry environment so has come to no harm.
The prices below are a guide & I’m open to sensible offers.

1.   Super Charger ( Ported & Serviced) £400

Sadly I don’t have the receipt but the work was originally done by Pit Stop Developments. It’s just been kept wrapped in bubble wrap in a box in my bedroom (as you do) ever since. This includes the aluminium pipe as well.

2.   Spare Alternator (23/65A) Genuine VW item, 2nd hand but in excellent condition. Open to offers.

Also Have loads of other stuff Including interior items which I’ll be working through in the coming weeks.

If you need to look at an item or need more info then just PM me & I'll be happy to help.

Naffs.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 08:10:37 pm by Naffs »

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: G40 Engine & other parts for sale
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 04:52:36 pm »
sorry for spamming your for sale thread but I'm 80% sure that's my old supercharger!  I specifically told Steve at PSD to paint it like that (he liked to paint full blend chargers all black).  The home made cover plate and the screws on it are exactly the same too.

I'd guess I sold it about 8 or 9 years ago now when I converted to turbo, it had been serviced & ported out to PSD's full blend spec just before that, very little mileage on it since the rebuild.

Offline Naffs

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 06:50:52 pm »
No worries, Hayesey!
You probably sold it to my brother Jez. We got all the bits but then it all went a bit pear shaped! 8 or 9 years ago is about right.  ;D

You can buy it back if you want  ;)
Out of interest do you think I've priced too high?

Naffs.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 09:31:15 am »
yes, Jez that's right.

I think your price is very good, it's certainly less than I sold it for those years ago.  It doesn't look like it's been used since.

You know, I would be very tempted to buy it back but I've just bought a new car so need to keep a lid on the spending for a bit!

If you've still got it in a couple of months I might just have it.

Offline Naffs

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 06:03:44 pm »
Cool, ok we will see how it goes. Not been much interest so far.

Offline Donjon

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 10:30:20 pm »
Don't know if you got my PM but i'm interested in some bits.