Technical > Engine and Transmission

wont start......wierd problem?

<< < (2/2)

olly s:

--- Quote from: G40supercharged on September 03, 2018, 08:52:08 am ---The fuel pumps should run for a couple of seconds when you first turn on the ignition; engine doesn't need to be turning over. Does sound like its just a problem with the ignition switch or wiring from it. One relay powers the ECU and will switch with the ignition (should always be on). The other one runs the fuel pumps and is driven by the ECU. When the engine is not turning this relay will not be switched on. The ECU uses the signal from the hall sender to keep the relay switched and so fuel pumps running. This is a safety feature if you crash the car and break the fuel lines so you don't get petrol sprayed everywhere.

--- End quote ---

I'm thinking ignition switch or wiring myself too, iv never changed an ignition though I assume it's a ballache 😂

Luckily the car the conversion came from is still on my drive so can steal bits from it. Just finding which bits to steal is the hard part, will go through all earth's today aswell to be sure.

NealPeal:
Just checking, the ignition lights come on and the car spins on the starter is what I think I've read..

If not, a quick test to check the ignition switch wiring might help like this.. Pin 3 on the dizzy (the white middle-thickness white one) is one destination of the actual ignition wire from the key... Stick a paper clip (we found ideal) down it and see if there's 12v there... If not stick 12v there it goes no-where else but the key... As soon as you do the fuel-relay timer should make a noise if it is that would be ideal sort of thing..
Mine was dropping to 6v starting when it was playing up, immobiliser wired up with 20w speaker wire unrelatedly!!
It'll go soon as you find that one thing, don't lose heart it's fun!
NEAL

olly s:
Have now had it running by pikeying a 12v to the 5 pin relay where the ignition switch should send 12v to.

I just don't know where the ignition switch is to Nick off my other shell 😂

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version