Author Topic: Map sensor  (Read 8030 times)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Map sensor
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2018, 03:03:19 pm »
yes if you change for a 250kpa sensor you'll need a full remap to suit.

But as yoof is saying, don't use a 250kpa one unless you need it, 200kpa equates to one bar of boost in normal terms (relative pressure oppose to absolute pressure).  So unless you are running much more than 1 bar,  there's no benefit.

So you'd want a 200kpa one but I'd be amazed if yours has really failed.

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2018, 04:09:08 pm »
I am running over a bar of boost as I’ve got the smaller belts and pullies on and the r1 supercharger but it’s never been an issue in the past

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2018, 05:04:52 pm »
Is anyone in the market for a 250kpa map sensor I have one going spare I’m willing to sell what I payed for it €25

Offline NealPeal

• Members
  • Stupid is as stupid does
    • LightDiodeDesignsUK YouTubeChannel (Fun of all sorts)
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2018, 06:54:32 pm »
Oh bollocks, could have done with finding a bit sooner...
Is a custom map out of the question? The G60 injectors should have had a special one done, I think might be that other chip...
Is there a 200KPA one out there...

Not looking good is it sorry matey.. Initial enthusiasm probably got the better... Best get proper people in!
NEAL

Offline NealPeal

• Members
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2018, 07:03:01 pm »
Suppose I'll give you the the £25 too I can make a little boost gauge with that and a little TFT scope-kit that's coming.. Get your pressures tested with that meter and link up for the cash in town or something next giro day...
It came with the smaller pulleys, are they going back on? If it's all going back to standard then is probably best get an ECU. For the ten minutes it'll take to swap the unit I'd try it still, if it idles it's improved!

Could the small pulleys have blown the 200KPA one?
NEAL

I cannot find my phone for the life of me but I'll be in touch... Hopefully it'll glow in the dark somewhere here
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 07:08:48 pm by NealPeal »

Offline NealPeal

• Members
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2018, 08:03:55 pm »
FooKIN PHONE, WHERE IS IT..? I'd ring you Matt to say,

wanna bring the ECU over here and try it in my car? Seconds to swap and see if the same faults appear, Thurnby lodge.. I know it won't do hurt my wiring where I can't offer plugging my ECU into anyone elses wiring I would be bound be a bit prang ..!

Cor, might be worth getting that £9 lead off ebay to plug in...!

Paul, what chip did you use with your uprated MAP, toothies and big injectors? Can we copy it, I've got access to the kit if I needed?
I wish I'd took a screenshot of VCDS, I'm worried now they were stored codes....
And it rained so twas only a quick look really!
Neal
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 08:06:42 pm by NealPeal »

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2018, 09:38:25 pm »
Part of me is a little concerned now I was hoping there map sensor may of been the problem.espically as the plugs are coming out so black.i was quite confident the other day but now I’m swaying towards being concerned again.i have no idea what the hell this garage has done to my g40 and unsure of where to go with it next

Offline NealPeal

• Members
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2018, 09:55:38 pm »
Cool, see ya Thursday...

This is the lead I got (and we know works) is a KKL lead.. I've only had it 3 months but it has helped a lot
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Cable-KKL-VAG-COM-409-1-OBD2-II-OBD-Diagnostic-Scanner-VW-Audi-Seat-UK/202004132989
and that was VCDS downloaded free from RossTech that was running it on mine £4.50... It'll do all sorts of VAG cars with the supplied CD but not the MK2 Polo..

The 2x2 ODB to Polo adapter lead needed is £5,
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGEN-VW-AUDI-SEAT-2-2-OBD2-ADAPTOR-CABLE-LEAD-2X2/380199944759
If the fault does persist I think its worth reflowing the PCB solder around the sensor connections, if it's new ECU time it is worth a go..
Cool

NEAL
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 09:58:55 pm by NealPeal »

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2018, 10:39:33 pm »
Kool nice one mate thank you for the links I will get them both ordered and get the software installed on my laptop for future reference.
I guess the next thing would be locating someone to sell me an ecu if they have a spare one.theres not many of these left but there must be spare ecu units in circulation.so will have a tinker on Thursday and work out a plan of action.
Will txt you tomorrow to sort out arrangements mate

Offline NealPeal

• Members
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2018, 08:22:41 am »
 :D x 10^6 
I cannot find any 200 sensors except some real expensive Motorola ones.. I'm still trusting the ecu diagnosing itself, mine doesn't mention mine having no signal following a long battery disconnect..
i bet we can test the load-value changes using a bike pump.

The same ecu appears in TDi's, (stick your chip in) or i bet the sensor is the same in a few that era but i dont know anything more than google... there's a vw scrapyard on green lane road, lets see if they've got one..
Get Vcds installed you can borrow my leads until they come
Cool
Neal

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2018, 09:19:03 am »
I think this is it:

https://uk.farnell.com/nxp/mpx2200ap/ic-sensor-abs-press-29psi-344b/dp/1457149?st=200kpa%20pressure%20sensor

Might be worth trying Neal's ECU if you can though before you start attempting to de-solder your map sensor

Offline NealPeal

• Members
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2018, 12:35:23 pm »
Ok, that is cool Paul, you are the legend i always believe you are ta.. I think the ecu will be worth playing with as a spare if it comes to another coming in replacement . We need there to be a load of lucky with the weather tomorrow.. Test the fuel pressure.. aee if any faults throw up with the engine running. Look for the lamda waving..

like i say Matt i know fork all compared to most g40 people, but i have got mine going i thought impossible..
I trust machines too much considering but I'm used to big printers that know exactly what gwan because they have multi core processing... 25year old stuff might be a bit confused i knew how it felt once.. :-)

we're just spraying the bonnet in backyard sun.. beaut!

Offline matthg40

• Members
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2018, 03:58:14 pm »
Mate I trust you more than some of the clowns I’ve let loose on my car.i think between us we will get it running perfectly.it isn’t far off it sounds almost perfect on tickover but it’s is just hesitating on accelaration and don’t have boost.but between us we will get it I’m sure
Hope your having a nice afternoon spraying mate