Technical > Engine and Transmission

Map sensor

(1/6) > >>

matthg40:
Does anyone know the best place to get a replacement map sensor?i can look myself but rather than buy the first one I find I’d rather ask if anyone ones he best place to buy and save myself a few quid rather than spend more tHan I need to.cheers matt

NealPeal:
Nice to meet you my new old matey!!
Just to check our logic, plugged into a newly powered ecu it gives 'no signal' Map sensor fault.. That'd be right wouldn't it Paul? Just sitting at 45%

Anyone solder swapped a sensor and got the old?
It said 200kpa on it, there's a few 250s that look like they might fit but would need mapping.. I just got that mezsage about one i bst similar..!
Maybe the lower load reading might make up for the bigger injectors but it should be mapped really.. Lambda control will sort most of it out i hope..

Cool mate, happy days.. honoured to meet such a nice normal engineering blole.. Thanks for the door inserts but they are the wrong side :-)

Cool!
Neal

matthg40:
It was good to meet you to mate had a good time fiddling with the engine.
So basically do I need to order a replacement or are we ok with what we have and just need to play about with a few sensors and things?
I will have a look for other inserts and tell me what else you need and I will see what I have mate

NealPeal:
Yehaa, be nice when it's done! Yeah I know you've ordered one, can't wait!

…. but has anyone got experience of uprated sensors, that have got one even that can advise..? I bet you have seen a few haven't you Pete..? :-). What d'you recon, will it need specially chipping?

I did think after, that other chip would be worth plugging in and seeing if the PC connects to it to see if it's processing enough to send data in and out, once the sensors swapped.. !

Nice one, sorted soon
NEAL

matthg40:
I’m just wondering if that’s why my old chip from pit stop stopped working because of the map sensor.it was working great then suddenly just stopped ruining the car.
I’m hoping that swapping the sensor over is going to cure the long issue of the bad running to the car.espically paying 16€ shipping fee was nearly as much as the cost of the chip.i see why the products are now cheap because the shipping prices are so high

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version