Author Topic: Over fuelling issue  (Read 6388 times)

Offline Mark Millington

Re: Over fuelling issue
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2018, 09:55:58 am »
Do these diagnostic kits supply everything you need with attachment fornthe plug in the g40? Be handy to use one just read ecu see what it's saying if there are any faults etc. Have another ecu coming and my new chip from ppp came today is there a specific way these chips go round as it looks as though they can fit both ways. It's only a chip for a 65 pulley as was thinking maybe my jabba sport chip is duff too

Offline steveo3002

• Members
  • 91 golf g60 , 89 gti 16v , 88 breadvan
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2018, 11:44:18 am »
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAG-GROUP-AUDI-USB-OBD2-II-KKL-409-1-Diagnostic-lead-2x2-Works-VCDS-Lite-V1-2/192453000615?hash=item2ccf17bda7:g:KXwAAOSwZvRaf41z

that one is everything you need to get up and running ...or get the software online and order a 2+2 cable

Offline G40supercharged

• Members
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2018, 08:22:27 am »
Do these diagnostic kits supply everything you need with attachment fornthe plug in the g40? Be handy to use one just read ecu see what it's saying if there are any faults etc. Have another ecu coming and my new chip from ppp came today is there a specific way these chips go round as it looks as though they can fit both ways. It's only a chip for a 65 pulley as was thinking maybe my jabba sport chip is duff too

Chip has to go in the correct way or you will destroy it as the power to it will be connected backwards. It can physically fit both ways round. To identify the correct way look for a small notch in the centre at one end. This identifies pin 1 on the device (chip in front of you with notch at the top, pin 1 is top pin on the left). Just make sure that you match the orientation with the chip already on there.

The chip holds the complete program for the microprocessor in the ECU. It is unlikely to be defective. It is much more likely one of the sensor circuits will failed in the ECU. If the lift pump primes for a few seconds when the ignition is first switched on then the ECU is running its program and the chip must be working.

Offline Mark Millington

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2018, 07:37:10 pm »
Bit of an update have fitted test 2nd hand injectors fuel rail brand new pump tested regulator and still idles funny could it be the petrol that's been in it since March causing over fuelling I test pressure in head all came back and 160 across all 4 cylinders so no problems there tested the aux valve have all silicone pipes only ones o haven't replaced are the ones from the brake servo to the back of boost pipe etc and vacuum to fuel reg is it possible I have an air leak here. The oil hummed of fuel have changed that out with a new filter. Could it even be a bad tank?

Offline NealPeal

• Members
  • Stupid is as stupid does
    • LightDiodeDesignsUK YouTubeChannel (Fun of all sorts)
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2018, 08:17:01 pm »
Hello!
I've fixed 2 cars doing this I recon, if you want a 2 minute possible fix, bleed your fuel rail.. :-)
If you can get a hand-scope, you can check the Lambda probe signal for active o2 control, but if it doesn't smell of petrol out the back and clean water comes out they were common signs of sorted-ness of a couple of these...
No worries
NEAL