Author Topic: Over fuelling issue  (Read 6358 times)

Offline Mark Millington

Over fuelling issue
« on: July 22, 2018, 11:31:33 am »
Having  a mare actually trying to stop my g40 over fuelling. Oil stinks of fuel have got a new pump coming pretty sure my timing is correct. Have order a new chip from ppp and am going to remove the jabba one. I'm trying to find a orginial fuel regulator but can't seem to find one anywhere. Going to drain the oil out before running again and replace with fresh as don't want to wash the bores. Could this be an injector issue and is there anyway to test them at home?

Thanks Mark

Offline steveo3002

• Members
  • 91 golf g60 , 89 gti 16v , 88 breadvan
Re: Over fuelling issue
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 02:18:59 pm »
what caused it to happen has it been stood

ive had massive issues that seemed like over fueling that was due to stale petrol

other things to look at /try a  blue temp sender and unplug the o2 sensor see if it improves

Offline Mark Millington

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 04:08:31 pm »
Has been stood on and off fuel is v power and only two months old. Have tried 3 temp senders has had another loom ecu throttle body isv etc etc I'm at the point that is must be injectors or reg or pump. Got new pump and tank pump coming need another tried and tested or new reg then hopefully get injectors cleaned or find someone with some working ones

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 12:01:50 pm »
do you know what injectors it has in it?  Is it possible there is a mismatch of injectors and chip that's in it?

it is possible to set up an injector test bench at home, there's various things on the internet about making them such as this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF0zQCkbIr0

Shouldn't be hard to do using some parts such as a spare fuel rail and regulator, high pressure fuel pump and a 12v car battery.  Or you can go one step further if you want something to run the injectors properly with a pwm signal like on the car:

http://hackaweek.com/hacks/?p=1156

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 12:16:14 pm »
If your oil stinks of fuel then I assume fuel is getting into your oil.

The only place this could happen is by it leaking down past the rings on the piston(s)......that I can think of anyway.

May be worth putting fresh fuel in, peaky stuff like V-power doesn't tend to last long from the little I've learnt about it, I was told once (bag of salt with this) when I did the PR stuff when they changed it from Optimax to Vpower that it only lasts for 2-3 weeks before going off. Might be worth reading up on it, may be fine, sure they'll state it somewhere on their website.

Offline Mark Millington

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 05:03:04 pm »
Hmmm the injectors look standard to.me got some other second hand ones with same part numbers but one has a green tip. Haven't fitted them yet as the green tip put me off but I was sold them as working. If the fuel is getting in the the oil could that be down to over fuelli g or bad rings. Has been funny since I found a broken wore on my lambda 0lug fixed that and has been funny ever since on and off lambda is new too. All started after changing sump gasket which is when I noticed pink wire on lambda was broke fixed it and has been funny since then wether it's a coincidence or not I'm not sure after I fixed it tho it was miles better on fuel on a run but the fuel in oil makes me think its over fuelling as on idle it cuts out sometimes is fine when reving and running along plugs were new and proper black after a short 50 mile run. Think this is when it was over fuelling. I have ordered a new new chip from ppp to replace the jabba one I have 2 ecu so will try it with that flush oil out and get injectors cleaned. Just would like to have a known working fuel regulator so I have covered all bases.

Offline steveo3002

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 09:59:39 pm »
if its overfueled for whatever reason and fuel has gotten past the rings then it might be an idea to dump the oil out , even if you just run some supermarket cheapie stuff until its sorted then fill with decent oil

are you double sure the blue sender is good?   , then use a multimeter to check the wire is good all the way to the ecu plug , check the earths too

Offline Mark Millington

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 05:00:21 pm »
Hello mate fitted all new earth straps defo guna dump the oil don't wanna blow the engine up. I have a contact in portugal who is massive into g40s has tons of spares he is sending me tested injectors reg and another ecu and fuel rail that is all working for free for me to test. He has sent me so much stuff they seem to be loads more of them over there. Built enough of a friendship with him that he sends me stuff to test on my car before buying. A few of the guys on here should contact him he has sent me pictures of about 20 throttle bodies. Had orginial air boxes anything I need he has nearly impossible to find stuff here now.

Offline Mark Millington

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 05:01:41 pm »
As for the blue temp sender I have had 2 aftermarket and my friend from Portugal said about this and sent me a 2nd hand but working gen vw dub one and still the same. Proper wierd this car.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2018, 09:25:19 am »
that guy in portugal seems like a good contact.  There are a lot of G40s in portugal, I don't know why but they sold well over there, there's been quite a few portugese members on here.

have you had your car on a gas analyser to see what's coming out of the exhaust, do you see black smoke from the exhaust?  Do you have access to a copy of VCDS and a diagnostic lead to see if the ECU can tell you anything?

Offline Mark Millington

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2018, 06:46:26 pm »
Hello mate no haven't had it on a gas analyser. Haven't had a chance with with the problems I have had going to replace all this fuel system stuff and see where I'm at have been through the guide only stuff I haven't done is some of the more complicated electrical tests. Done all the co pot stuff and things like that exhaust is sooty had a broken wore on my lambda pink wire which i fixed but seems to have caused more problems all started after doing my sump gasket ran funny moment i started it up. Then found wire and thought it must be that but think that may be just concidence. As fixed it and even replaced loom with a spare I had to rule it out.  Lambda is new to a Bosch one would have been oily hands touching the lambda would it?

Offline Mark Millington

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2018, 06:48:56 pm »
Also have no vcds or leads wouldn't even know where to plug it in. Gutbin Portugal is great they have so much stuff. I have a garage full of bits now. Have been changing everything out to see if it changes the problem. But seems not. Replaced all my pipes with a kit from max rpm checked isv and replaced those pipes too. It's just not having any of it

Offline steveo3002

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2018, 07:42:45 am »

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 08:46:15 am »
^ that looks the same as the lead & adaptor I have.  Bear in mind that the CD they're including there just contains software that is free to download anyway, but I think that price for the lead & 2+2 adaptor is OK anyway.

Offline steveo3002

• Members
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 09:20:52 am »
yeah at least it works ...you can get the leads from china for a couple of quid unsure if theyre any good or not

this one does fault codes and deletes them , but the other is better as you can view live data too
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OBDII-EOBD-Car-VAG-Scanner-VS450-Diagnostic-Tool-Fault-Code-Reader-for-AUDI-VW/382487419748?hash=item590e06db64:g:iOgAAOSw-GBbTrk6