Technical > Engine and Transmission

Over fuelling issue

(1/4) > >>

Mark Millington:
Having  a mare actually trying to stop my g40 over fuelling. Oil stinks of fuel have got a new pump coming pretty sure my timing is correct. Have order a new chip from ppp and am going to remove the jabba one. I'm trying to find a orginial fuel regulator but can't seem to find one anywhere. Going to drain the oil out before running again and replace with fresh as don't want to wash the bores. Could this be an injector issue and is there anyway to test them at home?

Thanks Mark

steveo3002:
what caused it to happen has it been stood

ive had massive issues that seemed like over fueling that was due to stale petrol

other things to look at /try a  blue temp sender and unplug the o2 sensor see if it improves

Mark Millington:
Has been stood on and off fuel is v power and only two months old. Have tried 3 temp senders has had another loom ecu throttle body isv etc etc I'm at the point that is must be injectors or reg or pump. Got new pump and tank pump coming need another tried and tested or new reg then hopefully get injectors cleaned or find someone with some working ones

hayesey:
do you know what injectors it has in it?  Is it possible there is a mismatch of injectors and chip that's in it?

it is possible to set up an injector test bench at home, there's various things on the internet about making them such as this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF0zQCkbIr0

Shouldn't be hard to do using some parts such as a spare fuel rail and regulator, high pressure fuel pump and a 12v car battery.  Or you can go one step further if you want something to run the injectors properly with a pwm signal like on the car:

http://hackaweek.com/hacks/?p=1156

ereeiz:
If your oil stinks of fuel then I assume fuel is getting into your oil.

The only place this could happen is by it leaking down past the rings on the piston(s)......that I can think of anyway.

May be worth putting fresh fuel in, peaky stuff like V-power doesn't tend to last long from the little I've learnt about it, I was told once (bag of salt with this) when I did the PR stuff when they changed it from Optimax to Vpower that it only lasts for 2-3 weeks before going off. Might be worth reading up on it, may be fine, sure they'll state it somewhere on their website.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version