Author Topic: CO sensor part code?  (Read 3018 times)

Offline NealPeal

• Members
  • Stupid is as stupid does
    • LightDiodeDesignsUK YouTubeChannel (Fun of all sorts)
CO sensor part code?
« on: June 29, 2018, 10:20:12 pm »
Sorry... My eyes are burning...
I think I'll need a new lamda sensor, can someone interpret the part number for me, original or cheapo... There's tooo many listed on zzap too much for my processing power for today.

Symptom: Sounds nice, no leaks, oil air or water! Idles nice, starts easy. But the engine light flashes at 3000Rpm every time... I'll check the signal coming from the sensor with the scope in the morning but for now I'm convinced..
I'd buy an ODB reader but I might as well put the money towards the probe itself if there's no saw-wave on the output..

I don't really even want to pay for an expensive one because I probably won't ever drive it anyway, but the last cheapo did only last about 50meters of driving and ~10 years sat idle...

Jesus, more giro money gone on a useless ornament in the middle of summer, but I have note else to spend it on but backy and budah! :-P
NEAL

Offline steveo3002

• Members
  • 91 golf g60 , 89 gti 16v , 88 breadvan
Re: CO sensor part code?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 07:27:03 am »
have you tried it with it unpluuged?

if you want a cheapie then a 3 wire universal is what you need ...then crimp on your old plug

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OXYGEN-O2-LAMBDA-SENSOR-3-WIRE-UNIVERSAL/251310519917?hash=item3a8346366d:g:MGMAAOSwubFagstf

Offline NealPeal

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 08:20:59 pm »
Cool, for that price I'll change it again in 10 years...
Cool, appreciate the easiness... You are a star
NEAL

Offline NealPeal

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 12:22:15 pm »
FLIPPING HECK, CUPID STUNT... I don't need a sensor is the long-and short of it.. But it was "interesting"...
THE SENSOR IS OK!!! It's the (out of) fuelling!

I went out expecting to be taking the sensor off.... I wired in the scope to the sensor-output and initially I got the nice saw-wave I was expecting... Then there was the odd *spike*… I went to get the camera but then more and more spikes.... Then the engine cut out, !!! *AND* !!! the petrol pump went mad noise-wise when it was called to pump....

Maybe the 1/5th of a 5litre can that I put in last week has been used/is vapour...! No wonder it wouldn't rev, and constant bleeding of the injectors rail bubbles, probably was air out the tank... 4 foot snakes..

I've lost the most basic diagnostics skills when it comes to cars not driving for so long.. The carburetted Morris-Mini with-points will probably be my limit as an automotive engineer, it's a good job I don't do cars for a living! I'm a programmer, I can't help staying clean and knowing what I'm doing in reality!... :-P :-D (if you ever saw the winter-big-wheen in hyde park I did the lights!)

More my kind of project now I might look at when I get back from London:
I've been playing with PIC's a lot,
I can get a CanBus devkit to look at the ECU output, I bet MicroChip'll send me one if I put more videos of it on my tube-channel again.. I've got loads of kit like that!
I bet I could make one chip drive gauges/green/red-lights for everything important off the ECU and/or even have a little OLED display..

But it's gotta ask the question "is there petrol in the tank Neal?"
Cheers for the info, it's good to check first though init!!!!
Thanks! :-) NEAL

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 04:19:36 pm »
Write it down, write it all down! Or post it on here.

What's your youtube channel? Mines "ereeiz" I've literally got some random RC car vids from about 8 years ago and a ropey recording of an Only Fools and Horses clip, lol

Offline NealPeal

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 08:31:12 pm »
I'll link up on the tube definite it's my favourite place... There's all my comedy, singing, dancing and technical in one archive...!

https://youtu.be/RKc3waVwdo0   This isn't a commercial because I've retired until after the next lobotomy, but I made the music and it's all my code and circuits and lights et al...
The G40 starting is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06xFxdSiaXA

And if you want to laugh at me who 20minutes before the gig had screamed & kicked chairs everywhere (having a fit!!) here I am doing standup-yo-yo-comedy!!!! I'll never be any good but it's fun!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvkPKtNlqTQ&t=14s