Technical > Engine and Transmission

Shifter rebuild

(1/3) > >>

Agent47:
As the title, looking to rebuild my shifter mechanism, but I can't seem to get it out of the housing. Removed the 2 nuts but now I'm stuck. Does the stick come out of the ball arrangement?

NealPeal:
Hope this'd help,
https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/polo+derby+vento-ind/po/1992-120/7/711-46000/

It's an exploded photo, I'm amazed at this site!
NEAL

Agent47:
Thanks, it shows me how it comes apart but doesn't explain how to separate piece 8 from piece 23.
It's the only way to take it apart except from cutting the welded section away, not the end of the world as I'll be replacing it with a shirt shift kit but a bit tricky at home.

NealPeal:
Unless 16 does happen to do anything (if you can get to it!) I'd be intrigued to know!
I've spent an hour looking though the drawings and it's amazing what there is, but I am still looking to remember where the little (I think) fuel regulator vacuum hose that's still got a bit of brass nozzle sticking out of it goes, I'm not great with spatial awareness, if only there was a 3d version....
Good luck, I'll see if it's in the Haynes if you havent' already, I like an imaginary challenge!
Cheers Agent47, it's all fun!
NEAL

Agent47:
The Haynes was my first port of call, says it just lifts out! 16 is part of my rebuild kit but I can't see any way of getting it out until it's all out. Even if it did still couldn't get the stick out due to that little claw bit keeping it all in. I'll keep on thinking

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version