Author Topic: Polo G40 filter  (Read 6112 times)

Offline Alexiskayak_7

• Members
Polo G40 filter
« on: April 13, 2008, 05:04:44 pm »
Will i see difference if i replace the standar airbox will stock air filter with a funnel filter?

Offline G-spot

• Members
Re: Polo G40 filter
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 06:49:33 pm »
[quote pid=829 author=Alexiskayak_7 date=1208102684]Will i see difference if i replace the standar airbox will stock air filter with a funnel filter?[/quote]

Not really, just a lot more noise in my opinion, the biggest disadvantage of the standard airbox setup is the inlet restrictor, and the flexi tube form box to charger is relatively small in comparison to inlet size, I fitted a modified G60 tube with a silicon extension to make up the distance(as it is a bit to short)

Offline Alexiskayak_7

• Members
Re: Re: Polo G40 filter
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 11:10:34 pm »
If i use this supercarger ring with lager tube and a funnel filter should i see any difference?

That's the ring i mean:
 [attachment=19]

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Polo G40 filter
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 08:43:37 pm »
[quote pid=848 author=Alexiskayak_7 date=1208124634]If i use this supercarger ring with lager tube and a funnel filter should i see any difference?

That's the ring i mean:
 [attachment=19][/quote]

that ring is just the attachment so you can get the pipe on properly  it bolts on to the charger an you slide the pipe over it, it is the same diameter as the piping so nothing is gained or lost.

That induction kit is recommended by jabbasport to provide more airflow in to the charger/engine so yes you will see a difference.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 08:46:36 pm by wozzaG40 »

Offline G-spot

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Polo G40 filter
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 08:37:34 pm »
that ring is just the attachment so you can get the pipe on properly it bolts on to the charger an you slide the pipe over it, it is the same diameter as the piping so nothing is gained or lost.

The orginal intake pipe actually reduceds on the concintina section, so if yopur charger is running well(modified or flowed etc) then you should help it breathe better, and of course it'll be a bit noisier too(not always a good thing, but you can't beat the induction noise from a G-Lader!!

Offline Alexiskayak_7

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Polo G40 filter
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 10:19:30 pm »
G spot, it's realy remarcable what you've done to your airbox!!! But, have you mentioned any diferrence? I liked very much what you did but i don't want to take off the oil feed of the charger...

Offline bushyg40

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Polo G40 filter
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2008, 01:39:12 pm »
the other reason to have a induction kit like this is you got breather pipes and boost return taken off, the boost return has got oil vapour in it which reduce the octane rating of the air and the oil vapour can act as an paste which can ware away the charger seals o ye and it sounds cool  :P

Offline Alexiskayak_7

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Polo G40 filter
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2008, 02:29:02 pm »
Yes, but i don't want to take of the boost return pipe cuz i don't want all the time to lubricate with PTFE the charger... Also i'm afraid tha i'll forget to lubricate the charger and the teflon will get burned....

Offline bushyg40

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Polo G40 filter
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2008, 04:49:26 pm »
just disconect the dizzy cap conecter get some one to turn it over and spray it in for about 10 15 seconds you add it every 4-5000 miles so its not hard

Offline Alexiskayak_7

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Polo G40 filter
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2008, 06:52:05 pm »
I'll spray PTFE while the engine is working or turned of?

Offline bushyg40

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Polo G40 filter
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 08:07:06 pm »
when you disconect the dizzy cap it wont start  when you turn it over it draws in the spray into the charger the without it wanting to run on the spray

Offline G-spot

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Polo G40 filter
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 09:35:35 pm »
[quote pid=1090 author=Alexiskayak_7 date=1209318725]I'll spray PTFE while the engine is working or turned of?[/quote]

When its running is best to ensure plenty of lube gets deep into the charger scoll, spray both in the front and back chambers to give more even coverage.  It pays to hold the rev's above tick over to avoid the fumes from aerosol causing engine stall(it not serious if it happens, just start it again!!)

Though if your still running the crankcase oil breather setup then there is a good chance the oil vapours/contaminants will wash off the PTFE lube more quickly, in which case I recommend the OEM Kluber grease, but it requires splitting scroll from cases to get good application.